dismantle me down [p]
[html]

<3! (wc: 323)

Theodoric had grown up in a familial culture that rewarded productivity. As a child, Theo’s elders had lavished attention and praise for projects well done. Later, he came to realize that their pleasure was directly related to the monetary value of the works he created. As an earnest youth, this realization had shamed him. After a (mostly internal) rebellious phase, he came to forgive his parents this method of raising him – after all, it was the way things were done in Martin households all across Edinburgh and they had known no different. The clan ruled over a small woolen empire, but was at the mercy of the family’s accountants, who always had a keen eye on the quarterly profit margins. In breaking free from his family’s traditions, Theodoric had lost a wide network of support and sure future, but he had gained the luxury of wasting an afternoon if he wished. All in all, it was a fair trade.

Therefore, Theodoric accepted the wolfdog’s proposal for a lazy afternoon with alacrity. He would have all winter to sit indoors at the loom. “Yes, it is. If only these autumn days would last…”, he trailed off, referring to the next season looming just a few sunsets away. In the pause, Theo pulled the well-worn navy cloak from his shoulders, and spread it nearby on the ground. He took a seat comfortably, wishing he had a couple of mugs of ale to polish off the perfection of the setting. His companion turned out to be an eager talker, and the Gatlvska turned to the conversation with gusto. “A pleasure to meet you, Ezra. Theodoric’s my name. You're right -- I’m new with the AniWaya pack, but I am from Edinburgh originally.” Ezra was correct – the gray luperci had been born half a world away, but had found his way here to ‘souls, twice now. “Where is Cour des Miracles, exactly? I’m not very familiar with the area yet.”

<style type="text/css">
.teagleowl b {font-weight:bold; color:#C7BA9A; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.teagleowl-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.teagleowl p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.teagleowl {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#4B4024; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... gleowl.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F1A14; padding: 10px 0px 340px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7E714D; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread