dismantle me down [p]
[html]

no worries <3 and this post is kind of a rambly mess o.o; (wc: 410)

“Since I’m new to AniWaya, the only things I can tell you with certainty are that the lands are lovely, the inhabitants friendly, and the culture different from any group I’ve met. I like it a lot though; it’s just the change I needed.” The last was more to himself than to Ezra, and Theodoric shook his head slightly to clear the melancholy thought. Theo hoped his description of AniWaya was true enough, because he was still relying on first impressions. “Edinburgh is a port town, far to the east across the sea. It used to be a large human city, like Halifax is here. Luperci moved in, though, once all of the humans were gone. The place is quite crowded, nowadays.” Ironically, it was much easier to describe AniWaya, a place he was barely familiar with, than it was his hometown. Theodoric didn’t want to bore his companion with a private trip down memory lane, so he kept the description somewhat truncated. He couldn’t possibly do justice to the vibrant and diverse culture of the city, nor the scale of the mass of souls living there. Theodoric had loved that city, and he had been desperate to leave it.

Theodoric was probably as unfamiliar with North American geography as Ezra was with Europe’s. Ezra described Newfoundland as an arctic place, far to the north, which was vivid enough for Theo. He had never been a huge fan of the cold, and noticed the other male’s thick pelt with new respect. “I bet the ladies never leave you alone, with eyes like those,” Theodoric chuckled, noticing Ezra’s two-toned eyes for the first time.

Although he privately thought that Ezra was a little young to be settling down, he had to commend the traveler for knowing a good thing when he saw it. The ‘souls landscape was a bountiful one, and if Cour des Miracles was in any way similar to AniWaya, it would be a good place to end up. “Traveling is great, but at the end of the day there’s no place like home, eh?” Theodoric agreed. Home had a powerful pull, whether it was the one you were born to or the one you created for yourself. And one of these days, he would find the balance between the home he saw in his head and the one he felt in his heart. “Oh, thanks,” he replied, then almost as an afterthought, ”I made it m’self.”

<style type="text/css">
.theocastles b {font-weight:bold; color:#7B866E; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.theocastles-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.theocastles p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.theocastles {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#E1E9EB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... oscots.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #80ADB3; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#79AAB1; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread