October Sunrise
[html]
ENDED SSWM: 367

Pripyat's ocean eyes watched the face of his adoptive sister closely. He really knew her almost not at all, so he wasn't sure if she was going to tell him the location of the Inferni clan or not. Although, if she didn't, the boy knew he could find out one way or another. It would be harder and less convenient, but if he wanted to know the knowledge wasn't hidden or buried. It just had never directly been told to him, there had been no reason. And there was no reason now really, except his curiosity. And perhaps to tell him where not to go. After all, if he didn’t know where Inferni was, how could he avoid it? He might accidentally just show up on their doorstep.

Yet Pripyat didn't need to worry, because Addison knew and although she frowned it did not seem she frowned because she didn't wish to answer his question but because she didn't know how. Finally the words came and Pripyat recorded them mentally, knowing he wouldn't soon forget this new piece of knowledge. Northwest, but mostly north from her words it seemed. Pripyat nodded again, sucking in the information like a vacuum. What other information could Addison share for him? He had more questions about Inferni but it wouldn't be wise to keep asking, for her to know how interested he was. He didn't ask any more questions but he didn't know what to say either.

Thankfully he didn’t have to say anything, for a call sounded on the wind and it was meant for him. He was, at times, still being called back to the ranch for one reason or another. Laying his ears back, he bowed his head to Addison, knowing she too heard the call and knew what it meant for him. "I'm sorry, I need to get home." Turning he moved towards the ranch, his oversized paws thudding the soon to be frozen ground. Looking back he smiled at the girl, his young face pleasant and grateful, although his words did not match the source of his gratitude. "It was nice meeting you Addison. Thank you for catching leaves with me." And then he was gone.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread