M - a shifting tide
[html]

WC: 523

Hybrid did not need many words to convey his meaning, his immediate and unrelenting anger at the mere suggestion of Inferni being better now. How dare Kesho even think that. You're a piece of shit for even saying that, thinking that, Kesho. You're just a dumb son of a bitch, aren't you? The voice screamed at him in a terrible anger to match Hybrid's, and the Hastati quickly became tense. Now, he was in a position that could quickly be compromised; his demeanor was weakened by this sudden outburst of anger from both sides.

Fortifying his mind, the man braced as the words came booming from Hybrid's throat, spittle flying from his venomous tongue.

“Never say that,” the warrior spat at Kesho, rage in every word. “Never!” Hybrid yelled.

Kesho could hardly breathe, frozen with the uncommon feeling of strict anxiety. It never crossed his mind that he might spark a fight between himself and this man, but if he had to defend himself, he would. The older man took a step back as Hybrid drew closer, a snarl forming on his own mouth in response.

“Never think that Inferni could be less than it once was. That would be like… like treason.” Hybrid spoke, threatening.

Kesho had known it had been stupid to say those words. Words he didn't even believe. The second he had spoken them, he wished to take them back. Now, of course, that was not an option. The rust colored man braced himself, steadying his mind and mouthing a response.

"I know...I...--" he managed to sputter; grief, confusion, and regret were all written on his face. Why was he not more careful with his words? "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. It's wrong. I know it is." he said bitterly, glancing away. He felt like a lost puppy, ridiculous, helpless. Foolish. Stupid.

"It will just never be the same, to me. I keep trying to chase that dream, those days. I won't ever catch it. I need to move on. I know." he sighed, frustrated-- with himself, with every decision he'd made. He should never have left.

He watched as Hybrid seemed to force himself to relax, but Kesho did not, and kept his dark, wary eyes carefully on the man. If he let his guard slip, he would not be able to retaliate in time. A glance at Hybrid, and he hoped that now, he was out of danger.

"Hybrid, I have as much faith in and devotion dedicated to Inferni as you do. I just hope it will be worth it. It has to be, or else what is there to live for?" his words oozed out slowly; he was unsure of himself. He tiptoed carefully with his speech, chose his words with extreme care. His muzzle snapped shut, and stayed that way. The easiest way to be sure he didn't say something improper again was to simply not speak.

The old man was standing, ears pinned back against his skull, small in comparison to Hybrid's. Now was not the time for a fight, but he was prepared nonetheless. Blood red eyes were narrowed slightly in concentration, studying Hybrid's every move.

<style type="text/css">
.kesholeafwall b {font-weight:bold; color:#241204; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kesholeafwall .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kesholeafwall p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kesholeafwall {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#8c7760; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Kesho_Leafwall_3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #36200f; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c8b8a1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #52483e;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread