If the path be beautiful,
[html]

WC 458!

Her ears flattened and she sagged as Niro talked about Liliya, it felt like he was rebuking her for it. She wasn’t trying to do anything bad, she thought she had been helping. If he did not love Liliya then that was a different story! Why couldn’t he have just told her to begin with? After all, he had been so distraught when she found him after the woman’s disappearance – he was tearing himself apart from the inside! Wasn’t he? Orin’s head cocked as she thought about it for a moment. Yes, it was plain and clear in her memory, Niro had been heartbroken. So why the change of heart? She wondered if he had just given up, was lying to her about how he felt about Liliya and was just replacing her with Amaranth. Still, his tone advised her that she best drop the topic, stat. And for once, she obeyed.

Then he turned his back on her. Her eyes went wide and glistened with budding tears. Was he this angry? So angry he would reject her? She finally went too far, pushing his buttons over Liliya and now offending him by wanting to join another pack. But… but if he wanted, he could come with! Didn’t he see that?

The corners of her mouth pulled down with worry as he spoke low words and her posture sagged even more than before. She sniffed once before she noticed Niro move. He was looking at Shawchert, and now moving towards him. “Niro, don’t!” she began, thinking he was going to fight the wolf, but she was cut short by her brother’s words to the autumn wolf. It was a warning – a warning out of love for Orin. Her ears slowly straightened and she peered at Niro with hope.

And then he turned back to her with that look in his eyes. She straightened up fully and yipped, shuffling on her seated rump for a moment, before jumping to her paws and bounding over to Niro. Without hesitation she launched her quadruped body into the air and soared into Niro’s arms, tail wagging furiously and pink tongue lapping out to deliver dozens of wolfish kisses to his cheeks.

“Niro, thank you! I’ll come back all the time. I won’t be far, and I’ll come show you all the things we’re doing. And you’ll have to come visit me, too. And bring Amaranth if you want.” She squirmed in his arms, unable to contain herself, her body wriggling and writing with excitement. “And I’ll write, so you’ll have to keep reading!”

She buried her muzzle into the fur of his neck and shoulder, giving him a warm nuzzle. “We’ll still be together all the time. I love you, my brother.”

<style>
.orin-y38 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.orin-y38 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.orin-y38 b {color:#FFEFE5; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.orin-y38 {background-color:#C8B0A1; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/orintable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; border:1px solid #F3D5C2; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#584335; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.orin-y38-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread