Decisions
[html]

<style type="text/css">
.ouijacandle b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffa936; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:right;}
.ouijacandle p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.ouijacandle {width:400px;border:1px solid #b52713;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /ouija.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:280px;background-color:#380c09;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#93181c;}
</style>

OOC here: Table & Coding © Jenny/Kiri; Sorry, it's been unusually cold where I am at (enough to actually get snow) and I'm anemic so I can't keep body heat so I've been freezing lately and unable to feel my fingers and toes; 762 words

"With it growing cold it will take weeks to cure the hides. It already takes days during warmer weather. Do you imagine there would be time to hunt, skin, and cure before trading?" He asked as he looked up to the others. He wasn't trying to be negative or disagree but just pointing out the practical aspects. That time may not be on their side to complete everything that they wanted to. "Though there is that building in the forest that was found. It had a fireplace in it if I remember correctly. I would suppose that it was built to trap heat inside. Could put the hides in there and work on them. With the heat it wouldn't have to be worried about things freezing. That is what really slows down the process. It just might be managed." The words were spoken more to himself than the group as he worked out the possibilities in his head. He didn't know if the others knew just what steps it took to tan a hide or not. Some effort had to really be put into it. With all of the soaking that had to be done it wasn't like it was a process that could be rushed through. No matter the weather it would take a few days at the very least to get it done since it took a few overnight soakings.

He wasn't sure of the tool that Shaw wanted but he had no experience with metal working either. "I have no experience with metal either. I'm not certain who to turn to for that since I haven't seen it done. I only have an experience with a knife and carving wood. Perhaps as things are traded ask around? See if anyone knows someone to request the skill from." Of course that was pretty much stating a thought that was perhaps already formed in the others's minds. But he didn't really know what else to add. It certainly seemed something to be learned now if it were to prove that it would be needed on future occasions as well. It wasn't like Ouija would mind adding another skill to his collection. One could never learn too much. Knowledge never became outdated or had a season to it.

He couldn't help but chuckle at the female's excitement. It served to vaguely remind him of home. He have given gifts to other females before and they had reacted in much the same manner. He had quickly learned that girls liked gifts. And well, he didn't mind making stuff to give away. But their conversation was cut off by the words of the leader. He looked to Shaw with a lifted brow, trying to figure out what his problem was. It would have been thought that it would be liked that the members were getting along. Perhaps he had something going on with the female since the other had quickly moved away from him. Well it wasn't like he would have done anything that she didn't want. And well, she had touched first and he had simply returned the gesture. "If you want we can meet up later. It will give me time to finish your gift." He whispered to Orin.

Glance was given to Skye as she had spoke up. Or mostly because she had said his name. He tilted his head a bit as he thought about it. He supposed that could work. "Could at least describe what plants to look for to obtain what color was wanted since it can't be shown at this time of year." All he could offer would be words at his time of year. The season simply wasn't right to do anything else. But something would be better than nothing, wouldn't it? And if they came back later then he could actually show them what it was that they wanted to know.

He waited until Orin had given her suggestion before looking around between those that were gathered. "So are we going to leave from here and head out to hunt? Personally I think the sooner the better. There is only a limited time that migratory herds will stay in this area before moving on. It is best to figure out now what we are going to do since we don't have the time to waste." It seemed that they were all worried about food so why not go and get some instead of just sitting around and talking about it. They could talk all they wanted to but that wouldn't end up filling their bellies.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread