Only a Memory Away
[html]

If Tsukiko could/would emote more, she would make this face: D8< SoSuWriMo 427

Tsukiko wondered why this man was so intent on giving her praise and flattery. It was not as if they were in Japan, where when she returned she would wield great power. Here she had no power, no influence. The Shimazu had been too young to have met any suitors before her parents had died, and her uncle had not had the opportunity to introduce any of his rich men to her before she escaped. He had been too concerned about negotiating prices than following what was socially expected and considered right. So really, she was rather baffled by the way Shawchert was treating her. It was nice, she guessed, but the moonlit fey had no inkling of how to react to such things since they were clearly not for the kind of personal gain she was used to expecting.

Japan had never appeared overpopulated or crowded to her. Of course this was partly due to the fact that it was what she had always known; having so much open space and so few canines, it was somewhat unnerving to her. Also though, she personally had never felt stifled for she did not live among "the masses". There was plenty of room on the personal Shimazu estates. If you wanted to be alone, you had no problem finding someplace to keep to yourself. Even if she were not nobility though, she could not imagine it was really all that cluttered. Japanese society was a very private society after all.

When Shawchert spoke in response to her last words, their conversation took a serious turn towards the negative. A dangerous spark flashed in her cerulean orbs and her face took on a somewhat stony appearance. Was he scolding her? Her, who when she was restored to her rightful place would have more influence than he could ever dream of? Did he think her some ignorant little pup? Tsukiko's jaws pressed tightly together as she stared at him unnervingly. When he finally finished his insulting little speech, it was her turn to tell him something. "You know nothing." Her voice, while soft in volume, was hot steel in tone. "You think I do not know I am not home? I am reminded every second of every day. Do not assume the right to preach to me when you know nothing of what I have gone through and continue to endure." Even if he knew, he could not fully understand. Giving him one last unsettling stare, the woman turned and walked briskly away from the borders and back towards Wolfville.

<style type="text/css">
.tsukiautumn b {font-weight:bold; color:#D77204; letter-spacing:.0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #351500; }
.tsukiautumn-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.tsukiautumn p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tsukiautumn {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-color:#BF3A01; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... autumn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #020000; padding: 10px 0px 285px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B0000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread