Under my skin.
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; That works, and since we discussed it before ended up moving the thread in the direction of the hunting lodge. And forgot to put this here before but this is what his athames are like. The top is his favorite and was the first one shown and the bottom one is the one he is giving away in this reply; 2322 words

It was true, he didn't like the natural state and so he altered it. He admired other's for their multiple hues, something that he did not have on his own without the aide of dyes. He had been it for as long as he could remember. He could hardly remember what he looked like without all of the extra coloring. He couldn't remember a time when he was plain white. This winter was the closest that he had come to it, having only blood and dirt to soil himself with. Really not his preferred method but beggars couldn't be choosers. "It doesn't get too hot with all of the extra fur?" Then again he wasn't really realizing that the other's natural coat wasn't as thick as his own. Should he pile on the furs then he would be the sort to overheat because his natural coat was perfect for the colder weather. He even found that he had to get away from the fire from time to time when he was working. Like now, he left the embers to smolder and would revive them when he got back. While his work needed the heat he couldn't stay in there all of the time. Though he has been known to lose himself in what he did and would remain inside for hours on end. But that was just him, once he got started to work on something he couldn't leave it until it was completed.

Where he came from everyone was encouraged to pursue what it was that they were talented at. They were also taught religion and to work together. It was something that everyone here lacked and so he could feel the disconnect. They all separated themselves instead of sharing a single space. They didn't even have any special occasions or anything. It was just a bunch of strangers living together. Really, look how long it took to meet another that worked in his field. Back in the cult they would have been introduced instantly and worked together on multiple projects. Each day he found himself missing where he came from more and more. But then again it was all that he had known for so long so of course he would miss it. It was where he had spent his entire up until a few months ago. So to go from sleeping with a group to sleeping by one's self was a major change.

"Well everyone pretty much got to choose what they wanted to learn and do. I guess I've just always been good with my hands." Though there were those that would say he was talented with other parts of his body But that didn't really fit with what was going on in the here and now, not yet at least. Though of course Ouija wasn't against that prospect in the least. It all depended on what the other should choose to do. So far it seemed that talk would remain on business alone. That was fine as well. Just because Ouija was itching to get to know the man beneath the layers of fur didn't mean that he would act upon his desires. Not unless the other should show the same interest as well. If that were the case then well, who knew what would happen.

He was careful with all of his work. He put care and concern into everything that he did. And of course he had multiples of his tools. He had to always make sure that he had a spare should something happen to the original. "Thanks, I'm quite proud of it myself." Which was the honest truth. It was one of his favorite pieces that he had ever crafted. His absolute favorite had to be the snakeskin gris gris that hung about his neck. That hadn't been easy at all. Snakeskin was thin and if handled too roughly then it would easily rip so to be able to stick it together and create it sturdy enough to hold all of the herbs and fur and such that he kept in it was quite an accomplishment in and of itself. So yes, he felt like he had the right to be proud of his work. After putting away his favored athame he pulled out the spare one that he kept with him as well. "You can have this one if you would like. I always make sure that I have extras. I haven't used this one before so it is still practically new. I made it just to make sure that I would have a second one should something happen to the first." He held out the hand crafted bone and wood weapon upon open and flat palms. This one was of lighter wood than the first and contained a star within the rounded and circular end of the intricate handle. The design showed that it had been originally made for ritualistic purposes but it was sturdy enough to handle everyday purposes as well.

He smiled as the heart was offered up. That was quite generous of him. It was the other's kill so he could easily save it for himself. Then again he doubted that this male knew of the power of the organs the way that Ouija had learned it. "Why not share it? The liver as well. Heart for the soul and extension on life, liver for the power and enhanced vision." Where he came from the organs weren't just meat but they had meaning and purpose. At least the heart and liver did. And well, he believed that consuming the eyes enhanced one's own sight. And these beliefs didn't allow for anything to go to waste. Everything had a purpose where he came from. Everything on the inside could be assumed. Except for the brains because they were used in the tanning process but what was left over after that then Ouija tended to consume. It was just silly to waste something that could end up being put to use. With what he was brought up with and taught he just couldn't throw something out. And winter would be the worst time to do such a thing.

He shook his head as the skewer was handed over towards him. "I don't need it. I don't mind getting my hands messy." Why should he since he had spread blood onto his own pelt just to add color to it. He had never used utensils to eat but had always used his hands. Perhaps it was on the savage side but he didn't mind it. Why should he when cleaning up a skin was a dirty process in and of itself. So no, he sat still and watched what the other did in order to set up the process. Of course he found the fire to be a smart idea. He kept one going in the lodge so that the water wouldn't freeze. He would also smoke strips of meat in order to make jerky for it to last longer. So of course he used a fire often.

After the organs had been harvested and placed on a plate he reached for Bangle's knife, simply because it was already out. He reached for the heart and liver in order to cut them in half so that they could be shared should the other have agreed to that. Of course he gave the more generous portion to the host since that was the polite thing to do. After he was done with the knife he wiped off the blade on his own thigh in order to clean the blood off of it before placing it back down where Bangle had originally set it in the first place. Even though he had been invited to eat he didn't start in on the meal yet. Rather he watched the other with the pelt instead.

"I use a knife to scrape it clean rather than wasting it water. Sometimes you get bits that are stubborn and refuse to be washed off easily so dragging the edge of a knife over it will remove anything that wishes to cling and allow for it to be cleaned evenly." Not that he was exactly trying to say that the other was wrong but Ouija wasn't one to waste anything and having to dump out and change the water just to be able to soak after cleaning was a waste to him. Now after that water sat with a pelt in it for three complete days he would dump out the water and refill it with fresh water. But that was the only time. Well that and the one with the brains in it, though that water was boiled and whatever was leftover from that was dumped out so he could start out fresh since it was likely to end up containing some other animal's brain after he had gotten done with it. Still it was days between when he would get rid of the water.

Once the other had started to eat did he finally feel comfortable enough to start eating. He felt it was improper to eat before the host did. So once Bangle placed food into his mouth did Ouija finally pick up an eye and popped it into his mouth the eat, biting into it to allow the juices to fill his mouth before swallowing. "It was the first place I reached. They were just starting out and one of the founding members deserted. They needed the help and since I knew no one and had nowhere else to be I offered." He said with a shrug. He just gave himself over to the first place that he had come to. They seemed to have needed the help and so he had offered. If his help hadn't been needed then he wouldn't have been here.

He allowed for small talk and eating to continue before he stretched. "I've been working in the hunting lodge. Have you been there before?" He stood up and motioned for the other to follow after him. "Come on, I'll show you some of what I've done." He started off in the direction of the hunting lodge. He knew from experience that the process of soaking and stretching would take a bit of time. And well he really didn't like to sit around and not have something in his hands to work on. He didn't like not having something to do. He wasn't the sort that could just sit idly by. "The space is a bit messy." Not really dirty or anything but on the cluttered side with the number of buckets he had sitting around with things that he was working on in them.

He walked into the lodge, leaving the door open for Bangle to have followed him in. Over the smoldering embers in the fireplace he had strips of meat on a rack that was currently drying out. "Feel free to help yourself. There is a mix there right now." He had recently skinned a few small animals and so the meat from each was currently being dried out in strips. Around near the fireplace were buckets of water that had pelts in them that he was soaking. The buckets of water near the stairs were the ones that had the brains in them that were waiting for the soaking process to be complete so that he could continue working on them. "The buckets near the fire are the ones that have the pelts that are soaking in them. Then I use the stairs to stretch them out so I keep the buckets with the water and brains over near the stairs so they don't get mixed up with the ones that hold the pelts. Of course I keep them lined up in the order that each needs to be done." He said as he explained his process and set up. He made his way through his maze of buckets to the pelts that he had piled up in the corner of the room. He picked up a few of these, picking through the pile to pick up one of each different animal that he had treated so that he could bring them over to show them off to Bangle. "These are the ones I have done so far." Among the pelts that he had picked up there was a moose, rabbit, beaver, deer, and ermine.

"Have you done any of these?" He asked as he laid out what he had picked up for the other craftsman to be able to examine. "What animals do you usually work on? Do you find that you like one over the other? Which is your favorite to work with?" He found himself curious and asking more questions back to back than he usually did. But he didn't meet to many, except those that he had worked side by side with in the cult, that shared in his talents and passion. So yes, he wanted to know more about what the other preferred to see if it matched his own experiences.

He motioned to one of the buckets that had a pelt soaking in it. "I think that one is my favorite so far. Only one that I have of it." The bucket contained the hide of a skunk that he had found. The contrast of colors is what had attracted him. And it was actually quite soft as well. But still it was the mix of colors that had intrigued him the most and had made him want it. He figured that he would turn it into a doll perhaps. He wasn't exactly sure what he wanted to do with it but figured that would be one he would keep for himself rather than making it to trade like the others. "Most of these are being made to trade since the leadership feels that they will serve well for that purpose."

<style type="text/css">
.ouija_skull .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:right; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#000000}
.ouija_skull .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:justify; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#d6480a}
.ouija_skull b {font-weight:bold; color:#f4d181; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ouija_skull {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#45260a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... jiatop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread