NEWS -- Survey Responses
QUOTE (Anann Kelevra @ Nov 15 2010, 07:46 PM)
Ive spent about 10 months trying to get a plot, involving several characters for a couple different packs, figured out and up and going. And basically I'm stalled out now thanks to SA, or my, apparently, inadequate activity. However you want to look at it, since I can't get approval the third character key to kicking things off in time to make plot lines work...so much for effort. So now everything I've done with Anann may or may not be a waste of time since it's in their hands for it to ever reach its climatic end.

So much for trying. [/quote]
We are currently discussing this with you, Katie. This isn't really the place to bring this up since we are currently talking to you about this.

QUOTE (Nayru)
I know I said this in the survey a million times but there are too many places to look for links. I still have no idea what you mean when you say there is a drop down menu with off site links. I can't find it for the life of me. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEASE make a comprehensive site map of all our links and if anyone can't find anything THERE IT WILL BE. or tell me why are we against this idea?[/quote]
Site map :O It's in Mentorship. I've been meaning to put a link at the bottom with the Site Map like you'd see in the footer of most websites. Derp, still need to do that!

Edit: added a link to the site map to the second link bar. :O

QUOTE (Nayru)
also, we did we do the survey like this this time, I actually really liked reading other people's responses o.0 were people more helpful/honest with this system[/quote]
We could definitely release the responses. :O We have an aggregated page that sums up responses into pie charts and bar graphs, so we could release that. Though, I didn't think of releasing the answers. If anyone wants me to post their responses for others to read, PM me and let me know so I can start working on compiling them. :3

QUOTE (Ever Mayawyn)
I agree with this statement. If the sub forums aren't listed on the homepage, it is a bit of a hassle to search through the forums. An example is catacombs. A player would need to go through a few pages to find the thread Smile[/quote]
Unfortunately, we can only feature so many links without the forums getting cluttered. One option would be to have a drop down list of important links, but then it would not be as user friendly because you could not ctrl+f and find anything. A quick scan of the forum would not be very helpful since you would only see the drop down list, too. :O Those are the two options I can think of for now.

On the other hand, if you can't find something, the search function is pretty handy. You can also use google to search 'Souls. If you google "siteConfusedoulsrpg.com/forum search term", google displays all the pages matching the terms. Not too helpful for catacombs (since it's displayed on every page), but great for thread titles and specific posts.

Although, some links are pretty intuitive. I'd say both Catacombs and the Wiki are. If you follow this train of thought:
Wiki > Roleplaying > but not really roleplaying, so... > Roleplay Aides
Catacombs > I put this in my profile > Profiles and Post Logs

We could move the Catacombs to RP Aides, but I don't think that'd help much, since it's listed in the Profiles/ Post Logs forum description...! :B

Dunno! I feel like the current organizational system is a lot better, but yeah, we do have a lot of links. And yes, sometimes it'll be tough to find them. But we've discussed our options and what we have now works alright. While Catacombs is an important topic, it's not important enough to be listed on the header bar. And we did test out some hover-over menu's, but a lot of them are glitchy, require Javascript, or are extremely finicky and don't work for everyone. x__x; It is kind of a balancing act, but we're working on making things easier to find! I swear! :O

And while I might think things make sense, not everyone might agree. XD; So as always, if you have any more ideas on updating things or re-arranging the topics, let me know~ :3

But thanks for the comments so far, guys! :]

Messages In This Thread