[P]urple Grass Grows
[html]

ooc: I guess I'm going crazy because I could have sworn I replied to this. Huge post to make up for it?

Seyonne nodded as Element replied to his joke. It was true, perhaps more so for smaller creatures like the two of them. He didn't think about it much, but he guessed that being small and vulnerable didn't improve your chances at life. He made his mind switch tracks for the moment - now was now, and there was no need to worry about the future. The mention of winter made him uncomfortable. This would be his first winter in 'Souls, and he still wasn't sure how abundant small prey was in good times, much less how they would fare in winter. He didn't know how harsh the winter could be here either. His brows furrowed together in thought. "Have you ever wintered in the area before? I haven't, and was wondering how cold it got, and how prey was." He hadn't been thinking about the future enough, apparently, because now he realized he could be in trouble. He was glad for his already thickening coat, and noticed then that Element had no such coat. Sometimes in winter he went to sleep thinking when he woke, if he woke, he'd be frozen stiff. Maybe he was just a little dramatic, he had never liked the cold, but now he was worried about the cat.

Maybe he had nothing to worry about. Maybe prey was plentiful and the winter not so harsh. Maybe Element had a den to snuggle up in and would be warmer than Seyonne himself. He was bad at finding dens, mostly because he had been with his family for all but one winter so far in his life. Last year he couldn't find a den that wasn't occupied and had to make his own. It fell apart more times than he could count, but it was warm. He had been proud of himself at the time, but looking back the den was downright pitiful. He felt that he would need something better this time around. The air had a bite to it that he was used to feeling later in the year. He hadn't had trouble with prey yet, but he guessed it was because there didn't seem to be many smaller predators around to take them. If bigger prey became scarce, would the wolves and luperci hunt mice? He tried to convey this to Element, but failed miserably. "I worry about the smaller prey." This was the only part that made much sense. He felt ashamed of himself, and disappointed that he couldn't put more than a sentence together coherently.

<style type="text/css">
.seyonne01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#661717; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.seyonne01-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.seyonne01 p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.seyonne01 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... nneban.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #74131E; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#696969; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread