Hunting
[html]
525 words. Herpderp. I didn't think it was my turn XD.

Ears twitched as he listened to the fox above him speak about Luperci. For a small creature who wasn't exactly on the top of the food chain, it seemed to know a lot. Bangle barked out a quick laugh, looking at the shadows that played on the forest floor. "Then y' haven't seen many, there's plenty of 'em," he said, waving one free hand in the air for a moment. But then, as an added measure: "Then again, if I was as small as yeh, I wouldn't go lookin' for any," a grin finished off his sentence. The coywolf was sure the gray fox was irked at him now. But if the traveler really wanted to, he could have climbed the tree and grabbed the fox for its tail.

As mothers always say, 'don't play with your food'. Though the coywolf didn't think that food could talk. Did all small creatures, like the fox above him, speak the language of wolves? Bangle really didn't want to know, or else there would be an abundance of prey and not enough predators. The fox was right about one thing, Bangle did have fun bringing prey down, but nothing ever went to waste with an animal he killed. So maybe he was some sort of 'savage', but the coywolf didn't like to think of it that way. He simply seized opportunities and found no reason to waste what he didn't need to - simply because others did.

Large ears swiveled when the fox squeaked out what was deemed a laugh. When the little creature didn't take his offer, Bangle lowered his arm that carried the snack. Bright orange eyes examined it for a moment, before taking a bite out of it, like one would an apple. He chewed in silence, swallowed, then tossed the rest of the carcass away from sight. Then, he pushed his body away from the tree, placing his hands on his hips as he looked up inquisitively at the fox still clinging to the tree trunk. "C'mon now, Foxtail, y' should consider it a compliment! It's a mighty nice tail," the coywolf said, trying to look on the positive side of the situation.

His eyebrow quirked, forgetting his own manners when the fox asked for the name of its hunter. "Bangle's th' name!" He said, grinning from ear to ear. "Do you critters 'ave names, too?" The male had to ask, for he didn't know until recently that things he hunted, ate, and skinned had the ability to speak his language. He'd definitely have to find out from Skye, or any other wolf that took the time to read books humans left behind. The craftsman watched as the fox still dug its claws into the tree, and rolled his eyes briefly. "Ya know, you can come down. I ain't gonna skin somethin' I know has a name.. n' possibly a lady Foxtail and lil' ones skitterin' around." The tone of his voice was laced with somewhat of an inflection, trying to find out more about this strange creature with beautiful fur. What a darn shame, it would've made a great addition to his collection.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread