A Sky-high Dream
[html]

WC: 425 +3 OCC: Its alright. :3 PT: 20

Alyssum de Fonte

Alyssum's own eyebrows met as she realized that maybe others didn't know much about flying machines; she didn't even know that humans could fly before that educated wolfdog told her, which he probably read in a book. "I don't think I'll be able to fly. At least not now. They say the easiest way to fly is through ballooning. But even that takes time, and I don't even know if I will be able to do it,"she said half-heartedly. She imagined slightly, her mind running wild for a moment. The first Luperci- no, the first canine to build a contraption and to be able to fly as high as the birds! Indeed, the dream was sky-high, but if the humans could do it, why not her?

"Stories are interesting,"she encouraged when Clover seem to me embarrassed to admit it. "I usually read stories, but the hot air balloon is just a little 'side project'." Alyssum truly liked them. Though she wasn't very much creativity herself when it came to fictional stories, she loved what humans could come up with. Stories about metal-covered men saving princesses from scaled beasts, even that interested Alyssum, even when they were low-leveled books. Then, she remembered one tale that made her quietly scoffed. Little Red Riding Hood had to be one of her favorites, because of the big bad wolf part. She would offer Clover her help later in finding stories if she can, and maybe find the tale of the human-eating wolf.

As the other woman asked her about the book once more, Alyssum flipped open the old book. Its pages were yellowed with age, but it was still in good condition. It indeed had pictures, all of them ink drawings of concepts and designs of different hot air balloons. Most of them were the simple, rounded-shape balloons, with little labels scattered around them like it was flying through a sky with word-filled clouds. "Most of them are pictures of hot air balloons,"she stated, continuing to flip through the book. But, she paused as she saw something different. It was a picture of a creature, who only had hair on top of its head, and some covering his face, under what she guessed was its nose; other than it, it was completely hairless. Alyssum never saw a creature like this before, and she looked down at its caption: John M. Cooper, written in fancy cursive.

"Is this...a human?"she asked, turning to Clover as if she knew the answer. The coyote never even saw a picture of a human before, so she wouldn't know.

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab35 ... Table1.png); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#AD5C0E; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread