When two pups collide ,
[html]

A little shorter than I wanted, but here! <3 342 words...

It was a funny thing, how puppies seemed to care little about the world around them as they put all of their concentration on one particular thing. At least that was the case for Poppy Monroe; she was the type of wolf who put in her all at everything she did, whether it was play-fighting with her sisters, hide and go seek, tag, or even the more boring aspects of puppy life: doing a chore or task her Mama had assigned to her.

She nibbled at his ear momentarily as she waited for a response, her russet tail wagging slightly. When he finally agreed to play, asking her just what she felt like doing, the young puppy hopped onto firm ground once more, now completing laps around the tan wolf. She was an excited little one, always full of energy; what should they play... what should they play?

"How about... she mused, her furry face scrunched up in concentration as she stopped her running to stand on all fours right in front of him. "I play a lot of games with my sisters; hide and go seek, chase, play-fighting... we even rolled around in a patch of mud once! Oh! We also tell stories. We mostly do that one after Mama tucked us in for the night but..." she trailed off, deciding that she should say more. Just in case he decided to go and tell her mother what they did when they were supposed to be trying to spring asleep. Then again, Lolita probably already knew their storytelling minutes before one or two of them started snoring. It never did last very long.

"We can do anything at all!" she concluded, excitedly. In all reality, Poppy was not afraid to do anything. She could easily get down and dirty, but she could also be calm and have a mature conversation with her sisters, mother and aunt about what she'd done during her day - usually the mature talking resulted in bickering between her and the other Monroe pups, but Poppy called it mature, anyway.

<style type="text/css">
.poppyfield .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#5c4527}
.poppyfield .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:12px; padding:8px; color:#5c4527}
.poppyfield b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #5c4527 1px 1px 1px; color:#980b03; letter-spacing:1px; }
.poppyfield {margin:0 auto; width:364px; background-color:#91a686; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2vrwjkh.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px dotted #980b03; padding: 0px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: tahoma; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread