Glycerine
[html]

Table by Jenny. .

Geneva listened to Xeris's narration with some hesitation. The sadness in her voice and the brittleness of her smile seemed to suggest that her time away had been hard. Geneva would not shy away from her story, but she hated to think that the white wolfess had suffered. As her story unfolded, Geneva kept her face neutral. To return to a homeland only to find it destroyed sounded horrible. She could only imagine the horror of being driven away by visions of a blood soaked homeland.

Geneva's heart dropped into her stomach when Xeris told her that Xion had yet to return. Immediately, Geneva spoke, "I will do all I can to search for her, and let you know if I learn anything." Geneva did not stray from her home because of Pripyat. But since her son was growing up, she was able to leave for longer periods of time. "Xion is a smart and capable girl. She will find her way back." Geneva said with confidence. Xeris's daughter could protect herself. Her parents were two capable creatures; it only made sense that she would be raised to have those skills too.

"It is so wonderful to have you back," the wolfess intoned once more. She could not emphasize enough how good it was to have her comrade back at Phoenix Valley. "It would not have been the same here, if you had not returned; you are an integral part of 'home.'"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread