Glycerine
[html]
OOC goes here!

Geneva cast her eyes around her. Each stalk of fading long sweet-grass, each mound of soft earth, and many other little nuisances of Phoenix Valley contributed to her feeling of home. Phoenix Valley had not always been her home, but now she could scarcely imagine feeling so connected to any other place. She had healed here, reformed her identity which ahd been fragmented by past experiences. She had found and brought life forward her, with her son and Jefferson. She knew no other way but to love this place, and all of its beautiful simplicity.

"Where I was born, New York, is much different than this place," she said, her gaze growing distant as she became introspective, speaking her thoughts instead of carefully constructing her speech.

"There were many barren buildings, over run by vermin, which is what we ate. It was hard to feel safe, but I loved it there; it was where my siblings were, and my father. They were able to run freely in the decay of what the humans left behind; I was too weak and frail. Jordan, my first mate, stayed with me."

Sorrow colored her words at the mention of Jordan, a vision of their only child swimming in her gaze, although she did not breathe her name.

She let the memories fade, returning to the time that faced her now. "There are things I miss, but I wouldn't trade any of my time or experiences. I am here now, and that is what is important. I wouldn't trade Naniko, Jefferson, or Pripyat. I wouldn't trade you. You really mean so much to me"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread