Glycerine
[html]

Xeris listened in solemn silence as her packmate described her old home. The white wolfess had never known much about Geneva or where she came from, and the thought crossed her mind briefly that such things might not be so easily shared by the gray wolfess. So Geneva had grown up among the remnants of human society, and had a mate before coming here. It was easy to tell that she was troubled by bringing up her past, as Xeris had been.

"So you grew up living with what the humans left behind," Xeris mused. "My old life was the opposite. That's why we're called de Heritage, because we valued our wolf heritage more than anything and didn't want to give in to the human ways of the luperci. Or at least that's what my father always said." As a youth she had always put so much faith in her father's words, never even stopping to think about whether or not they were really true or just.

She was truly touched by Geneva's kind words, and a small smile emerged on her face. "Thank you," she said softly. "I wouldn't trade away any of this either. Where I lived before...I never realized how closed-minded everyone was. A part of me wishes I hadn't grown up in such a strict place. But that's...gone now." It was not just in the past anymore, but truly wiped away. "I'm glad that I found this place."

<style type="text/css">
.sun b {font-weight:bold; color:#f0e9d9; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sun-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:right; }
.sun p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.sun {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#4dc2e5; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... able-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796555; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#796555; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread