Let the games begin!
[html]

For Matrix and Jesile =)

Skoll breathed deep of the morning air as the scent of travelers came to his nose. He had sent out the word over a month ago, for all competitors to attend. His old friends from the War of Shadows and anyone they wanted to invite were welcome. Matrix had been invited, and Phoenix too, though he had fallen ill and would unfortunately be unable to participate. The smell of water was thick in the air of the Yawrah River Territory as the first competitors arrived.

Aivyr was the first to show up, with five wolves at his side, two thickly built male youths who Skoll took to be entrants into the contest, and three smaller wolves (two women and an old male) who might be spectators, though they might have come to try their luck as well. The white wolf Aivyr smiled up at Skoll who gestured for them to take a seat in the wide circle he had formed using stones and sticks. This would be the arena eventually, but it would serve as a gathering ground for now. The now three-year-old white wolf had done well in bringing so many. Apparently the pack he'd joined wanted to prove themselves to the people Aivyr had told them stories about. The eldest wolf--a gnarled grey with white guard-hairs who must have been at least ten--extended a hand for the warrior to shake in a very odd, decidedly human gesture.

"Well, you must be Skoll Axehand. We've heard a lot about you from Aivyr, our latest member. I'm Kilborne, my sons were hoping to enter your contest, and I came to watch how they did. I hope an old wolf and his family coming along to watch isn't a problem?" Skoll--whose weapons were in the pack at his side, now closed to prevent alarm--smiled and shook his head.

"No trouble at all, Kilborne. You and your family can take a seat on the far end while we wait for the other entrants to arrive." He had set things up with Aivyr so that someone was waiting outside of Bleeding Souls to give instructions on how to get to the fighting area. They were to give explicit instructions on how to avoid cutting through, to go around Storm and come down the river to where the fights were to take place. Spectators were of course welcome, though he would need lettered wolves to fully organize something approaching a bracket. He had engaged in fighting for sport once or twice before, but nothing this elaborate. He was sure that Twilight or Apache could help any attempt at that.

He could smell many more coming, they had gathered at a place outside of Bleeding Souls during the nights prior so that they wouldn't cause a ruckus by loitering in the lands. This was designed for fun, but Skoll hoped to have the procession in and out within a day. All organization had taken place outside of the valley, meaning that it could run smoothly as soon as it came inward. The fact that things were going well implied that Matrix's parents had already taken charge of the situation, and were guiding the guests in. Vaguely he wondered where Matrix was, he had told her the date and the time. Hopefully she would be along before her parents arrived.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread