anchors drag me down
[html]

I know what you mean. XD wc:310

Particularly heavy footfalls could be heard in the distance, the sound causing the Marino's ears to twitch slightly. At first he wondered if it was perhaps just some curious sounds caused by the wind, but as the footsteps continued on in a pattern, steadily increasing in volume, he realized that it was not so. Someone was obviously approaching, but the Marino did not turn to see who it was. Maybe they were just passing by and they would not stop to chat. He didn't necessarily want to draw attention to himself right now, if there was potential in going unnoticed. But when the footsteps continued to grow louder and eventually came to a halt nearby, he knew he would not be that lucky. Whoever had approached then spoke, an unfamiliar voice.

Amber eyes finally opened to see who it was, discovering that the unknown pack mate was not alone. His eyes widened slightly at the sight of the horse, not from its unfamiliarity, but rather from how unexpected the creature was. When the initial shock wore off, he focused his attention on the woman, finding her features vaguely familiar. Her greeting explained where he had seen her before--at the birth of his niece and nephews. It couldn't have been more than a month ago, but in the meantime, he hadn't really seen her or her equine companion around. "Yes," he said. "Ghita is my sister." He forced a smile to his lips, aided by the warm memory of the day his sibling's second litter was born. He wouldn't allow himself to look completely forlorn in front of a stranger. "My name is Ehno," he introduced. Perhaps it wasn't so bad that she had stopped by after all. He needed to do more than sit around and mope all day, and what better way to distract himself than by meeting someone new?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread