anchors drag me down
[html]
Word Count: 354

Pixie nodded. “Yes, that would explain it. You two do kind of look alike.” There really were a lot of Marinos in Crimson Dreams—Savina, her siblings, her mate, her children, her nieces and nephews, her in-laws…more than half of the pack must have been related to the leader. Not that she particularly minded; in her old pack, everyone was related to each other. Still, it was strange to think that her new pack was not only figuratively a family, but also quite literally as well.

I’m Pixie,” she introduced herself. “Pixie Frost. I joined Crimson Dreams about two months ago.” A little less than that, but the blue-gray musician was never good with math. “And this is Magic,” she added, pointing to her horse. “He’s a little wary around strangers, but as long as you don’t do anything weird, he’ll get used to you.

Feeling a gust of cold wind on her, Pixie shivered and wrapped her cloak around her. “Isn’t it a little cold to be sitting out here? I only came here to look around for a while—I’ve never been in this part of the territory before, you see.” She gave the chestnut stallion a pat on the neck. “At least we’ve got a manor to go back to if it gets too cold. Magic can’t fit in the cottage where all the goats live, so he’s got nowhere to go if it gets really cold.” Even though her horse had lived the first few years of his life in the wild, she felt bad for having him freeze in the cold weather while she and the other Crimson Dreamers could curl up by the fireplace in Haven Manor. Besides, since Magic normally stayed near the cottage but also sometimes wandered around, Pixie had to look for him every day when she went to check on him, which was a pain in the ass when the weather was bad. If there were an indoor building where he could stay when she wasn’t riding him, it would make Pixie’s life easier and Magic more comfortable and less vulnerable to the elements.

<style type="text/css">
.pixiesnow2 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:13px; padding:8px; color:#88878d}
.pixiesnow2 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:13px; padding:8px; color:#625155}
.pixiesnow2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#cfc0b5; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.pixiesnow2 {margin:0 auto; width:476px; background-color:#121118; background-image:url(http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6396/pixietop2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread