Joining
OOC: Sorry for the title. Couldn't help myself. T.T Anyway! Ykesha (You-Kesh-uh) is in lupus form. Happy posting! <3
Btw, she is not always this flimsy. >.< She’ll toughen right up once she gets some rest on her bones. ^_^

I’ve had a dream for three nights now. A child sits drawing in the dirt with his hands. In his lap lies a small pile of human fingers, bent and gray like chickens’ feet. He is humming an unrecognizable tune, but the rhythm and pace suggest he’s engineered the rhyme himself. He hasn’t noticed me, and for several minutes, I watch him while hidden amongst the insects and shadows. His eyes are wide with the wonder he creates upon the mud and his cheerful humming is broken regularly by the high hiss of laughter. Eventually, I approach him, and he looks up at me with the fixed curiosity of childhood. He smiles. His teeth are yellowed and uneven. With a sort of ticking akin to a wind-up toy his head turns unnaturally to the side and pauses once perpendicular to the ground. The grin which had adorned his face in mirth now splits wide and cuts his head into two equal halves. As I recoil and clutch my breast to still the thrashing of an unnerved organ, his tongue laps out, hanging to his throat. I now notice that his cheeks have been slit from ear to ear, although he feels no pain nor seems bothered by this deformity. He slowly rises to stand on legs which quake from dis-attention and are thin and shriveled like an apple turned sour. The fingers spill from his lap, rolling to the ground where they seem nothing but a sea of gray-studded worms. My breath falls quick within my chest and with both hands I clutch myself, jaw falling open in a voiceless cry. On uneasy, newborn steps, he limps towards me.

“Come, come, Lass of Lynn…Tell me, tell me, where you’ve been…”

When I finally wake, I feel unpleasant.

If a certain amount of sheen is applied to a white surface the color becomes muted. No longer is it the sun-sheltered length of a virgins thigh, but rather the back of a snow hare freshly rolled about in dirt. Light does not highlight a figure of this unattractive tone; it makes the subject glow instead. The moistness of Ykesha’s back, then, became a moving screen upon which the dim rays of a half-covered star touched. The sweat which had soaked through her brindled fur gave the woman a look of beaten lethargy--and this title her body received well. It was clear the hybrid had been walking for weeks. Clung to her coat were the bones of winter-starved underbrush and her bright eyes half-closed in perpetual weariness. Each step seemed drained of purpose and her claws drug across the soil like a plow upturning fallow earth. The muscles across her hips and forearms no longer ached, for the knots which had peppered and molded them together became silent from unending use. The normally attractive woman had been reduced to a scarecrow of her former self, worn down with each sunrise by the toil of travel. In reaction to this reality, the wobbly pace the woman had been moving at slowed, stiffened, and finally halted. She blinked with effort and lifted a heavy head to survey her surroundings.

This space was strange…Yet surely, five more steps would see a change of scenery?…

The small lass breathed under burden, and with the cracking of two knees locked from cold, sat with an unorganized posture upon the frozen ground. Her paws were pulled one at a time underneath her weight and she closed her lids to rewet drying eyes. The presence of her lashes upon theatrically narrow cheeks made the brindled fae tilt her once-white head in mild contemplation.

Why here? Isn’t there…

Her thin thought left before she’d digested it, and as the heat rose in a smoky column from her sweat-slimed body she sought no more to capture it. Ykehsa saw life through the eyes of the lover who receives his kiss below the waistline; her clarity was overrun by the moistness of passion and her thoughts too tempered with want to realign it. Life was the man she’d reduced to a creature in need of breath and rest. She was the animal who retreated to rinse her mouth.

Yet this usual boldness was not apparent in the limb-shaken hybrid seated upon the foyer of the Inferni. Her concerns started and fell with her own body. Her lungs ached. Her eyes felt blistered. She was sure someone had removed her spine when she last slept. With the heaviness of a bear falling from a tree, Ykesha’s front legs buckled beneath her weight and her ribs hit a solidness she’s not experienced since a week prior. For several peaceful minutes, she lay as an ant pinned by the loss of an abdomen.

These trees seem naked… she shallowly thought. I should like to dress them up a bit…

The sight of the twisted arms exploding like a fungus the soil fell from view as her lids slid lazily closed. The sweat-induced fog rose from her like a moving spire.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, a slim child locked eyes with her and began to stand up.

OOC: Link to OOC joining post.

Messages In This Thread