'til kingdom come
[html]

She flinched at his harsh reply, but was silent for a moment before she considered replying. She was somewhat shocked to see he was missing an eye, just like Kaena, and considered this an amusing coincidence. Like Kaena, Tayui saw that he too was riddled with scars; though most looked old and nearly covered by fur. The scars on his muzzle where the fur was thinner, however, were more prominent. Tayui wondered what he had done to deserve those. She wondered what else his thick winter coat – and time – might be hiding. Although Tayui had no visible scars like this male did, her legs had once been covered in burn marks which had ached for months. She wasn’t sure how she had made it, since she recalled the sour smell of the infection, but knew she owed a great deal to wolves that had healed her: Acid and Shaeniire.

Tayui opened her mouth with the intention of speaking, but paused. The male spoke again and Tayui noticed the boldness of his eyes. They were a much deeper hue than Ocèane’s, the only member of her family with green eyes. Again, more coincidences.

“My name is Tayui Aston. And I’m not dawdling. I’ll return when I need to,” she replied. Her tone was calm and neutral. She would not offer any elaboration, but did not want to sound condescending; she appreciated his concern. However, when home no longer felt like home anymore, she had no real desire to return.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread