'til kingdom come
[html]

Those names sparked something within him for reasons unknown; the thickened coat that collared his neck prickled, but other than the twitch of his single eye the brute did not budge. He was related to Haku Soul, but the cyclops had never known his half-brother well. Jefferson had known him only to be a madman, bent on some sort of psychopathic destruction that involved dragging Dahlia de Mai down with him. Had Jefferson been separate from Phoenix Valley, perhaps he would have taken action in that war, but he could not risk his pack in his own personal matters. He had seen Dahlia—Cercelee's pride—drag in the mud after its terrible Rosen. There had never been familial issues between his brother and he, at least not since their childhood that Haku had spoke of once, but now that Haku was dead and Conor had taken his place, Jefferson had hardly made thought of them at all. He had his own family to worry about.

As for Colibri, well, she was only a ghost everyone knew of except him.

"My mother, my brother," he replied, his eye held over the crashing sea. "I'm an amnesiac. I don't know anything about Colibri. All I can say is that Haku was my half-brother, and considering how he was, his father must have been a maniac." Haku—or was it Laruku?—had said once that he and Lisichka had not gotten along. Even Maluki must have had a good head on his shoulders.

A pause. "My brother was named Laruku Tears, my father was Acid. I had a sister named Akeni and an aunt named Iskata. My grandmother was Ceres Sadira. My name was Maluki." He paused once again. That was all he had gathered of his former life, of the madman Maluki and the place he had been born. For once in his life, he hardly cared to speak of himself, but perhaps it was because he simply didn't want to dwell. A pause spanned once again, then he turned his green eye to her once more. "Is that enough information for you?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread