'til kingdom come
[html]

She had already forgotten why she was here. And somehow, recently, she had been forgetting things like this more and more: who she was, who she thought she would be, and what her purpose was. It was easy to forget when there were so many other pressing things she would rather not be thinking about. These things – Noir’s death, Haku’s threat, Claudius’ silence, Ocèane’s and Attila’s disappearances, and Naniko’s mysteries – were things she would rather ignore, but somehow, always ended up thinking about them. Consequently, she felt more absent-minded and air headed than she had in a long time. It was like her days as a low-ranked member of Jaded Shadows all over again. She felt as though she had only just gotten over her old insecurities and now she had brand new ones to contend with.

Tayui nodded as Jefferson shook his head and replied. She frowned, surprised: if Jefferson had let an entire group of Skoll’s friends camp near his pack, wouldn’t he be interested? But that wasn’t for Tayui to decide; it was up to him. She flicked her ears forward and visibly perked up when Jefferson asked about his family. She tried not to think about the real reason she knew of them – Haku Soul – but of the older one: Colibri.

“I was friends with Colibri Soul and her puppy, Akeni,” she replied. It felt strange to be saying ‘friend’ when referring to Colibri since they had not gotten along at first. She noted this: “though, we didn’t get along at first. But after some time, we did. It took time though. A lot of time.” She paused and then continued. “I met Laruku once. And Colibri Haki, a daughter of your mother’s, I’m asuming? And Acid. I knew Acid. He was related to the Soul family somehow, I think. He healed my burns when I first joined Jaded Shadows since our healer was either absent or not skilled enough. I forget why, but I met with him a few times. And of course Haku and his son Conor.” She couldn’t leave that out.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread