'til kingdom come
[html]

She spouted so many names he recognized, so many he knew to be his relations that he had never even met, past or present. She spoke of Colibri as a friend, a concept Jefferson was baffled to believe. The mystery woman that was his mother, and all stories surrounding her current or past state, were shrouded in unliftable mists. Even Laruku had not spoken much of her, and he had been raised as a brother. Akeni he knew to be his sister, the next in line in the Soul family should he himself fall. What had become of them both, Colibri and Akeni? Haku had once said the matriarch of the Soul name still lurked the outside lands, but even that had been a long time ago. Jefferson could only wonder if she was even still alive at all.

"It took time. A lot of time." Laruku had spoken of the former Maluki as a happy child, one who sought heroism or perhaps his chance at leadership even in his youth. His shift to insanity, and consequently to sanity again and the cyclops that then existed, had ousted any and all spirit that the child Maluki had contained; what was left was simply an empty shell, one that Geneva would have admitted to being walled and shielded at all times. Jefferson did not have many friends. He did not choose to shroud himself in the midst of the innocent, of those he could potentially harm or dismay in one way or another. He dipped his head. Perhaps even then, the stubborn man he was, he was still his mother's child after all.

He sighed. "Acid was my father. He and Colibri adopted Laruku from another family after his mother and the rest of his litter died. I've met Acid, but not my parents. Not since the amnesia." Green eye slid away, at the ocean once more. "You speak of Acid formally, but Laruku said the opposite. I—er, Maluki—went insane looking for him, and he deserted Laruku as well."

A pause. "As for Haku, he was my half-brother. He's dead now, or so I hear. I haven't met his son, my nephew."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread