'til kingdom come
[html]

Derp, then I forget about it. Go me. XD

He caught the natural accent in the way a number of her children's names were pronounced; the cyclops himself was not bilingual in any way, especially considering he had yet to master writing and reading again after his amnesia had apparently stolen the abilities from him. But intertwined with the french accent on her tongue was a swell of pride in her voice, a motherly emotions that embraced even just her offspring's names. There was love there, that was evident. There was a lot of love, even in the wake of Noir's death and murder by her own father.

Jefferson was of course no historian in any way; the meanings behind the boys' names were lost to him completely. He sensed an emptiness in her words, a listlessness he could easily recognize as having possessed once upon a time when Addison had disappeared from him for so long, or when she played about in Dahlia during their war with Inferni. It was a fatherly desire for her to be close, to stop her fooling around; it was a fatherly fear that she was beyond him, that he could no longer keep her safe. Jefferson did not know Tayui or the statuses of her remaining children — but hidden in her tone and finalizing sigh, he knew at least one of her litter were placing her in a similar situation as Addison had he. And like he, Tayui was completely powerless.

All the more reason for Jefferson to keep his eye open, he decided. "I'm sorry he did that to you and your family," he said. It was all he could think to say. "At least now he's dead."

<style>
.jeffers-birdsz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-birdsz p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.jeffers-birdsz b {color:#4E5145; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-birdsz {background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDF3F4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:418px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 115px 0px; }
.jeffers-birdsz-border {width:420px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread