The new neighbor... or potential customer?
[html]

OOC No worries, I'm pretty slow myself at the moment! WC 769

Her ears fell back with worry as she took a second look at her bookstore upon Bangle's comment. Well, perhaps it wasn't anything special yet. The windows were still boarded up even, and man did it smell inside from the store's previous residence. But she had just gotten it! What did he expect? Orin glanced back to the merchant, thinking about it a moment more. Maybe he wasn't trying to be mean, maybe he was just being matter of fact with her. Maybe he saw something more in the bookstore than she did? “I guess I see what you mean,” she agreed, a bit apprehensively. She did not want to talk bad about her bookstore, as though the thing would up and leave out from under her if she insulted it. She looked back to the old, disheveled outer walls for a moment and sighed. “It needs a lot of elbow grease. The interior is pretty charming, though... I think.” Orin suddenly found herself full of self doubt. Was it actually a nice place or had she pulled a veil over her own eyes?

“It definitely needs something, though. I need to find some more furniture for inside, I'd like to set up a work desk or two downstairs. And upstairs... that needs a whole overhaul if I'm going to make it my bedroom.” She mused for a moment more about the bookstore, but some of the vigor had been sucked out of her words now that she was dwelling on its value.

She settled herself comfortably on the big oak branch upon which she perched, her limbs dangling and swaying over the side. The coy-wolf changed the subject and she was quick to follow his lead, latching on to his question and taking advantage of it for all it was worth, the life returning to her voice.

“I'm from the Americas,” she began. “Florida, to be exact, if you know where that is. I grew up there with my brother Niro. Place was horrible for a couple lone pups... Gangs. Slums. No food. So one day Niro found this old ship log and I read about this sailor that was from Florida... Jacquez Trouillefou. Anyway, the book told about his sailing up north, here to Nova Scotia. So I thought, couldn't hurt to try ourselves. We bartered passage on a ship and arrived on the other coast, in Cour des Miracles. It was like fate! The Court is the same place Jac landed and formed his pack! I couldn't believe my eyes when the legend himself greeted us on the beach that day...” Her whimsical voice trailed off. Was this really what Bangle had intended, her full life story? It didn't matter, it was what he was going to get with Orin.

There was still a loving lilt in her voice when she spoke of Jac. To her the man was still a hero, and had disappeared before he had the opportunity to burst her bubble. She probably should have taken his sudden abandonment of his pack as a clear sign that he was what he was – a wild egomaniac who cared for no one but himself – but Orin had convinced herself that his disappearance must had been the work of foul play, not because the man simply tired of his duties as the King of Cour des Miracles and up and left without word.

“Niro and I joined Cour des Miracles, and life there was so different... so much better than what we had before. But... call me ungrateful, I guess, but I just really didn't fit in. No one really cared about what I did there. I love my brother and I care for the friends I made there, but I ended up spending all day in my room just because there was no one to share my stories with,” she sighed at the thought. She truly had spent weeks at a time locked up in the Chien Hotel.

Her eyes scanned Bangle's visage, possibly looking to see if he tired of her story yet, but mostly not registering if he did. “Anyway, I met Shawchert in a funny fashion. He found me stuck in a tree.” She snickered at the memory. “Hopefully I won't get stuck in this one.”

She paused for a minute and then quickly blurted, “What the hell! Do I really look poofy?! Poofy!” Her voice was indignant and the words spilled from her mouth as though they had wanted to come out the whole time but just didn't know how.

<style>
.orinlizard-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.orinlizard {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.orinlizard b {color:#e9b656; font-weight:bold;}
.orinlizard {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ad9500; background-image:url(http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5581/souls68.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e3e4b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread