another century spent pointing guns
[html]

I love this thread so much. I don't know why, but I've got a lotta muse for it. <3 Lol. WC: 620

Kesho Maisha

Change was a new idea to Kesho, having been prompted by his return here. There was much that he was learning about this seemingly daunting and human-like world that his beloved clan had freshly inhabited; this included tying a scarf. And, clearly, this was a step in the right direction. He had felt some pressure since coming back to experience life in this bipedal form, to include it in his everyday life. Still he was unsure about it, but it seemed to have done well for Kaena, and so he might keep with it. Kesho had readily imbibed her words, understanding now, in some sort of twisted fashion, that it was, perhaps, that same logic that kept Inferni itself afloat. It's better to be uncomfortable with an idea, so long as it will keep you alive. He supposed that was very true, although it would take him some time to be able to implement this idea with ease. The older man turned his head briefly towards Kaena, and gave a heavy nod, mixed with the slight look of understanding that had crossed his mind. "I suppose that's true..."

Kaena had changed the subject, and he was grateful for it. His mind had already been distracted for too long over such a simple sentence. Kesho's old brain was trying hard to create more synapses, to expand itself before his lifetime ended; Kesho, the conscience, was having a grand old time making that difficult.

He was encouraged, once again, by Alyssum's words. Of course he hadn't been the only one to struggle, adapting to these human garments. Kesho wondered vaguely if any canines had fashioned ones to fit their odd proportions. Kesho smirked; he might actually enjoy some clothing made from the skin of a deer or goat. "Good to know I'm not the only one," he said, smiling.

Blankets, now. Well, surely it would be comfortable. Maybe his old bones would appreciate the padding, at least. He had slept on cold, hard ground for as long as he could remember. Grass was his first choice of bedding, especially when covered in a nice layer of leaves. But blankets would be even better... He mused on this momentarily, wondering where-- if he did decide to make use of them-- he might find some more of these items. Even if he weren't to wear them frequently, it was at least interesting to know that they were accessible.

The conversation turned to battle, and Kesho was immediately on alert. Crimson eyes swerved to focus on Alyssum, anticipating her response more than necessary. He was always curious to see how much of it they had in them. He wanted to know, who were the warriors here? Somewhat bored to realize that she didn't know much of the art, he relaxed slightly. "I'm better on four legs, but I could still help you...or try, at least." He injected, offering what knowledge of battle in this form he did have. It was true, he didn't use it much, but he had been observing others' movement and had taken some instruction from that. He had decided that the techniques, generally, would be similar, although executed slightly differently on two legs. He assumed, though, that there were many methods which he had yet to learn; he was excited for this.

As Alyssum mentioned Halifax, he nodded in agreement. He wanted to go, too. "Yes, that's a great idea. I'd be interested to go with you, if you'd allow it. If you know how to read, I would love to benefit from any book's knowledge." Though he couldn't read himself, he hoped others would be able to help him as he attempted to learn it. There was that change again.

<style>
.kesho-spiralstair p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kesho-spiralstair b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.kesho-spiralstair-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.kesho-spiralstair-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kesho-spiralstair-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2.png); height:211px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#EBDCBB;}
.kesho-spiralstair-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.kesho-spiralstair {background-color:#CAB482; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/kesho2bg.gif); padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EBDCBB; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#766236; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread