another century spent pointing guns
­[html]

ARGH. I killed our rhythm. :/ Sorry guys. <3

The Centurion was glad to hear Alyssum was confident in her rank, for the most part -- she and Gabriel did not often have very much to rely on when giving their newer members rankings, and as they were often fluid within Inferni, with many members coming and going, the hybrid wondered how often they got it right. “Good. We like protection,” the hybrid declared, cracking a yellow-toothed grin. “That's a start, I'd think, but we could show you more. Kesho and I had our days as ruthless warriors, huh?” she said, her single eye rolling toward her old friend, the smile still lingering on her face. She remembered those days, fuzzy as they had become -- it had felt like nothing could stop Inferni in those very early days. “I like using Secui or Optime form. Maybe Kesho could show you things in his Lupus form, and I'll try with those?” she offered, more than willing to throw in her experience to help.

With the mention of Halifax, the hybrid became quieter and more reserved, yellowy eye shifting from one canine to another. She had not been back there many times since the previous fall, and she knew where there were many books. This was a place she would not go, and she hesitated bringing this up to either of these canines. They did not know Haku Soul, and they did not need to know what he had done to her. They were better off if they knew nothing of that man and his deeds. “There's a library in Halifax. Gotta cross the harbor, but there are a lot of signs for the university, so it's not hard to find. Never was very good at reading, though,” she said, half-assing this excuse for remaining in Inferni. She had become worlds better since practicing, but even so -- it was a difficult task, and she sometimes still had to sound out the words childishly. For this reason, she preferred very simple books.

Word Count :: 332

<style>
.sie-blanktextdos {
font-family:'book antiqua', 'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:.5px; line-height: 15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px 25px; width:98%; margin:0px auto; }

.sie-blanktextdos .ooc, .sie-blanktextdos .wc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px; }

.sie-blanktextdos .wc {
text-align:right; }

.sie-blanktextdos .divider {
border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }

.sie-blanktextdos p {
text-indent: 35px;
margin:0px;
padding:5px 0px; }