all of this can be broken
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: I'll NPC Alaine in this thread, probably, or I'll post in her account after you :3 I'm assuming that the hotel is empty but for the three of them XD
BACKDATED to Nov 15

There was a scent on the breeze, a scent that carried through his fur and simmered in his bones as the young man gazed across at the old hotel. The building's gaping eye-holes fluttered with ratty materials, stained tears dripping down its peeling skin in depressing mascara streaks. The youth eyed it speculatively, felt the growing storm brew between his ribcage. This place had been home to him once, but now he returned to its crumbling embrace as an outcast, a vagabond. A stranger. The wind ran cool fingers through his ever-tousled bangs, sweeping them momentarily clear of cold sky-blue eyes. The time had come.

Four paws had become useless, so he shifted, felt the integral snapping and reconnecting of bones, the transition having become smooth from constant use. The checkered scarf, previously tight, was now loose about his humanoid throat. Fingers, each tipped with a wickedly curved claw, flexed pensively as he started down the slope towards the metal gate.

It screamed on its hinges as he pushed it open, the sound renting hollow silence and spilling the caws of uneasy crows, disturbed by his large presence, up into the heavens. The scents of those who had passed through here assailed him instantly, the dwellers of the Chien Hotel staking claim to what was theirs, and inevitably, no longer his. Perhaps, if he'd spent more time considering the vague smells, the young male might have noticed one unexpected - One that would change this meeting indefinitely. She had been here. In the back of his instinctual mind, a dull red alarm went off, but the wolfdog filed it away as impending pain. He sought only his mother in this place - His mother, and answers.

Caillen had to stoop to walk in through the doorway, for his immense size filled up the frame, casting a long and jagged shadow down the hallway. With stone in his heart, the manchild mounted the stairs, his large footpaws surprisingly silent on the old and rotting wood. The hotel groaned around him, settling its concrete roots deeper and deeper into the sucking ground. He came upon her door, and pushed it open; Alaine sat by her bed, tinkering with some flowers she had probably recently picked for some sort of herbal brew. There was a moment of complete silence as her emerald eyes swung towards the doorway. "Syl- Oh. Oh, god." A moment of confusion battered at his mind, but Caillen's cool blue gaze remained clear as he gazed down at his birth-mother. A boiling rage, deep and potent, simmered in those pools. "Caillen? Och i gcuntas Dé! My boy, my son-". She was walking towards him, and the male's nape was bristling - He could see it in his minds eye, that man's hands sliding over her, the sickly tormented images ripping through him as her fingers stretched out to rest on his arm-

"NO!"

The snarl ripped through him, and Alaine faltered, and he could see the illness in her eyes. She was sick. Mentally, physically, there was hardly a difference anymore. The rage was shivering through his very veins, and his fisted hands shook. "I know it, máthair. I know everything." And there was such disgust in his voice that a chocked sob swelled in his mother's fair throat, her hands lifted in shock to her slender maw, the flowers forgotten as they fell to the floor. Caillen took a step forward, his presence filling the room, his anger swelling to crackle in the oxygen around them. Alaine seemed to shrink back against the wall. "You... You let him touch you... You have betrayed me!" The fury spoke with a sharp tongue as his tone whiplashed the air, and the slate giant's fist splintered the wooden door-frame in his grasp. He took a deep, shuddering breath, as Alaine began to silently cry. For some reason, her tears served only to infuriate him more. The boy suddenly felt an overwhelming pain engulf his heart, a deep sadness as he looked upon her, fueled by that horrible anger. "WHY?! Why have you DONE THIS?!"

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread