Red Fall, Creeping Winter
[html]
Because of the lack of a ceremonial thread for Autumn, this thread counts towards both the winter seasonal task set and the fall set.

As usual, I've roleplayed that you're all already here, since playing out the whole arrival part can be tedious. Members may or may not bring an item to the fire - painted black (autumn) or blue (winter). Please post in the same order as you enter the thread now. Skip the poster before you if 3 days have passed without them posting. Have fun! Big Grin

The Chief waited patiently as everyone took their seats, studying them with pride. They were plentiful. It seemed to him both ironic and worrying that their headcount usually peaked in the winter. Why was it that in the one part of the year when they least needed more mouths to feed, they came flocking to these borders and asked for the chance of a new home here? Despite rarely having been truly on his own, he could understand that the burdens of being a loner were intensified when the weather turned dangerous on a daily basis and robbed them of their prey. He anticipated this surge of newcomers each winter now, and their storages held food for even a few more. Dawali had complete faith in the mixed audience that sat and stood in front of him, and waited patiently for them to settle until only the powerful cracks and snaps of the ceremonial fire could be heard. Without delaying any further, he clapped his hands together and spoke, his deep voice reaching far with ease, without the need of shouting. "AniWayans! Fall is dying to make way for winter," he said, ceremoniously. His hands moved in wide patterns as he spoke, trying to address everyone present. "This is no cause for celebration, for winter will without a doubt be trying. I want to celebrate one thing, however, before we begin. Since our last meeting, Nayati reports to me of a successful hunt. I want to applaud all of you; Nayati, Ralla, Liliana, Moonfyre and Ember." He motioned for them to take the praise by standing up or stepping forward somehow, before clapping. "You have secured much food in a single hunt, and proved a successful team. Well done!" Firsts things firsts, before the usual treating of the fire. Otherwise it would get lost in all the feasting.

<style type="text/css">
.dawaliechelon b {font-weight:normal; color:#9c0000; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.dawaliechelonooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#fff;}
.dawaliechelon p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.dawaliechelon {margin:0 auto; width:439px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... chelon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px double #000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread