torrential tears are meant to be shed.
[html]

For Melisande. I thought I might end up with Anya having her den right near Ceres' grave, so that's where she's starting. Location + weird emo lolcatspeak commentary! Lulz. I have no life... Oh, and... -- [WC: 730] --

ETA: Almost my entire post got lost because my fucking computer died, so... Ugh. I'll redo it. Done. Enjoy, this has been a project of 3+ days 'cause of doctors.

___It wasn't much. But it had never been much, really. Optime form as usual, dark girl flicked her eyes about the den, smiling vaguely to herself. Her thumbs slid into the pockets loosely. It was very small, just a little cave, two chambers. The front one, facing northeast, towards the graves of her grandmother, Ceres, and great aunt, Kiriska. She'd not known Kiriska, but she had been her grandfather Daituki's sister... he, she'd also never known. He'd been her mother's father... she wasn't sure if Aiji had ever known Daituki, either. She supposed it was of little consequence... Ceres, Daituki, Kiriska, and even Aiji were all dead now. And what was left? The aptly named demon child, Anyanka.

___She knew the story. Aud was a girl. Aud married Olaf, some troll-hunting asshole with an attitude. Olaf got drunk and fucked the barmaid, Rannveig. Aud got angry. Aud turned Olaf into a troll. The villagers didn't believe that the troll was actually Olaf. Olaf was chased out of the village. D'Hoffryn made Aud a vengeance demon. Aud became Anyanka. Anyanka took the wishes of scorned women, twisted them all up, then gave the women a loosely translated, highly destructive version of their wish.

___Fast forward past legends. Aiji was a girl. A princess, really; princess of Clouded Tears. Aiji hated being overshadowed by her family. Aiji left her family. Aiji moved to Chimera with her lesbian girlfriend. The alpha, Damian, had a son. The son was Ahren. Aiji went wandering one evening. Aiji found Ahren's mother's bones. Ahren found Aiji. Ahren raped Aiji. Aiji ran away. Anya was born. Aiji went crazy and died. Wasn't that just the coldest possible way to put it. Her mother was dead, because of her. Her mother had died crazed and in pain, because of her. Cold... but too true. Too fucking true.

___Anya's voice was hoarse. She'd had a bit of a screaming match with Ceres' grave recently, ending with her apologising to her dead grandmother, who hadn't been saying anything anyhow, except in the girl's mind. Grave stones were painfully silent. It made her a special form of sick, really. She glanced around the den chamber... then grabbed her bag and pulled something out. A stone. It was smooth to the touch, and it had an image on it, painted on in bright colour. An image of an adult female, snowy white pelt and deep blue eyes. Her head was resting gently on another, a bit younger, with a dark pelt and bright golden eyes. And still yet, another... a pup, with crimson eyes and the same dark pelt, curled against the other two. They looked happy.

___That had never been the case, but... it made her feel good to look at the image. It had been made for her by the only wolf she could have ever have considered a 'friend'... and they'd turned on her, when they'd found out about her past, and that that painted image was not of her real family... but what she'd wished it could have been. Ceres, Aiji, Anya. Family. Three generations of loving... oh, fuck it. It wasn't like that. It had never been like that. It would never be like that.

___Anya's thumb ran over the image on the stone, a tear stinging the corner of her eye, then she turned from the den and walked towards the grave site again. This was the closest den she'd been able to find to Ceres' grave; the walk wasn't far. Sitting down in front of Ceres' grave cross-legged, she looked at the image painted on the stone again. Sighing softly, she spoke.

___Hello again, Gran'mama. She still called her that, like she had as a pup. It didn't feel right to change that. I've found a home. I live nearby, so I can visit often. It was true. Short of Jasper, she had no family... and she didn't know any of her family on her mother's side. Except Ceres. She spoke quietly, with respect, just as she would have if Ceres had still been alive. I hope I didn't hurt you earlier. I brought something to show you. She held the stone out in both palms, as if her grandmother could see. It's you, me and Mama. I know it never got to be like this... Silence, then a soft sigh, laced with words.

___I'm sorry.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread