torrential tears are meant to be shed.
[html]

Awr, Melis is cute. Sorry if I smudged your makeup a little. -Pets.-

___Anya couldn't have whipped her head around faster if she'd wanted to; it would have broken her neck and flown away. Someone... apologising to her? Being compassionate? Must be Ahren's sick joke. This girl was sorry? Anya gave the female the basic up-and-down, quite the normal action for a girl as paranoid as Anya had to be. This girl, she couldn't have been much older nor younger than Anya, either way. Her eyes had a frightening, creepy likeness to those of her mother, their golden tones reflecting... but they held a bit of red, a bit like Anya's own eye colour. Her pelt was pure white, and reminded her too much of Ceres... a sick joke, surely. It couldn't be real...

___Anya spoke carefully, her voice low. "Yes, she's my Gran'mama t... wait." Her eyes narrowed. This girl was related to Ceres? Her granddaughter? Like Anya... 'Spite you, Ahren, should this be for your twisted amusement,' she thought. Then she turned her full attention to the female, and nodded slightly, as if to invite her company. "Ceres is your grandmother... How?" Obviously, she knew about reproduction, but she had never met this girl, nor any of her mother's family, save for Ceres, and mayhap a few others she'd not committed to memory. It seemed surreal... "I'm Anya," she blurted out, and she instantly regretted not being careful, not being cautious. Something about the ivory female reminded her of the comfort Ceres had provided, and she just couldn't bring herself to be threatened.

___It seemed like everything was a whirlwind, and Anya stared at the stone she'd been showing Ceres -- or, more accurately, Ceres' grave -- before the arrival of this phantom. Staring at the image, she smiled a little. Maybe this was her grandmother's way of showing her that sometimes, chances fade... but that's no reason to give up trying.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread