palingenesis
[html]

The girl seemed to think about what she had said, which was good enough for Naniko. She knew that young ones didn't always listen to adults, so even if someone had been there to teach her, who was to say that she even would have listened? She was strict with her own son, expecting him to act in a certain way. She wanted him to learn the ways of the pack and the ways of adults quickly, obediently, and without question so that he wouldn't embarrass her in front of the rest of the pack. He was an embarrassment at times. "Well there's no need to shout at me. I have good hearing, OK?" She said.

This net was a very good one, and she could feel it shaking in her hands as she caught a few things on her first swipe with it. The large luperci pulled it back up out of the water and onto the shore, picking the smaller fish out and throwing them back, keeping the larger and the few crabs and mussels that she'd dredged up. She hadn't answered Grace but now replied to her, tossing a fish toward her. She had plenty, and if Grace had no one then she would probably need something to eat. "It's a fishing net. You see how the fish got caught in it? They're stupid animals, easily caught if you have the right tools. Once my son learns how to shift I plan on teaching him how to use it..he's too young now, though. What's your name? You don't smell like you're from around here, girl."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread