New horizons and sights for my eyes
[html]

(426)

She nodded when Attila moved to follow her into the above-ground Anatheman territory. Even though now it was called Anathema, she knew she would always think of it as something else. Although the scents had faded, some of the scratches she had made on the bark to mark the borders were still there. There wasn’t much left, but she still certainly had her memories of when this had been Shadowed Sun. It was been a pretty peaceful, if not short-lived pack. It was unfortunate, too – she hadn’t heard of any packs that had attempted what they had since its disbanding.

She brought him farther up the mountain and they plodded along at a comfortable pace. She sought out the familiar deer paths that carved roads into the Appalachians, following the map inside her head to the heart of the former Shadowed Sun territory. When Attila repeated the pack name, Tayui nodded quickly and glanced back to see him following her closely. He asked about the other pack, Jaded Shadows, and Tayui felt her eyes light up. These were both packs dear to her heart and she didn’t mind at all discussing it with him. She was glad he was interested in it – she had never thought he of all her children would find this interesting.

“That’s right,” she replied quickly, affirming his suspicions. “The other one was Jaded Shadows. I took the name of my old pack to make Shadowed Sun. I thought it was quite clever continuing the legacy, since Jaded Shadows had been formed from Shadowed Stars. So it went Shadowed Stars, Jaded Shadows, and then Shadowed Sun.” She paused and almost chuckled, too. “Jaded Shadows was beyond the mountain in the old Bleeding Souls territory. It was on Ashened Mountain and I created Shadowed Sun in the likeness of Jaded Shadows in some ways. The fire that devastated Bleeding Souls disrupted everything and I lost track of a lot of old ‘Shadows wolves. I eventually formed it with a friend from another pack.” She paused and then continued. “It was interesting, the fire. It broke up a lot of packs. In the chaos, new bonds were made. The only group that survived almost in its entirety was Inferni. And some were remade anew. Dahlia de Mai became the new Clouded Tears. Your grandmother Colibri invited me to that pack. And a former Lehrer, Anu, invited me to Crimson Dreams when it was known as Twilight Vale. A lot of packs changed, but some things still stayed the same.” This time, she actually chuckled.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread