Tis the Season
[html]
SSWM: 578

Sanuye could see the surprised look in Dawali’s eyes when she mentioned that her adoptive parents were not from the ranks of the skills that they had taught her. There was a bit of a truth to that seeing as her father was the one who had taught her how to tend to the Great Fire, but then again he wasn’t a hunter, but he was taught skinning. She then thought about her mother’s duties back in the Great Tribe. She figured weaving would be important not only to her duties, but the weaving she was taught was helped to make clothes, so it was beneficial to the whole tribe. The coyote wanted to be as useful to the AniWaya tribe as her adoptive parents were back in the Great Tribe. She was sure that as long as she stuck to her duties and helped any of the other members in the tribe, she would be able to achieve this goal. She was glad she was able to talk to someone about the Great Tribe. Most of the other members did not even know about it, nor were from it. The only other member she could think of who was from the Great Tribe was Nayati; although, he never seemed to be around anymore. She let out a soft sigh before she returned her silver gaze to the handsome male and smiled. Perhaps one day they would be able to return to the Great Tribe together and see how much it had changed since she had left.

Sanuye smiled as Dawali seemed interested in the nickname she had given to her spirit guide. She was not sure if any of the other members had done such a thing, but she did so back in the Great Tribe so that he felt he would fit in with her family. He allowed her to call him by this nickname so he didn’t seem to care that she used it. She turned to her guide as he curled his tail around his legs. ”Because I was found and raised by a family of wolves, they gave me a last name to fit theirs which meant ‘wolf’. When I brought Shilah back to the family, I gave him the nickname so that it was like he was a part of the family as well. He’s let me use the name ever since.” The coyote and her guide turn their attention to Dawali as he began to tell the story. The fox guide caught the glance the chief had given him and smirked as he knew the story he was going to share to his student. Foxes were always known to be tricksters and this story only helped to prove that fact; although he knew he was not as stupid as the fox in the story. He was the teacher and he wanted to teacher the hybrid how to remain as an innocent soul. She smiled and nodded to the chief once he was done telling the story. ”That was a wonderful story Dawali. Who would have thought that it would be a fox who would try to steal the fire.” She said it in a bit of a sarcastic way as a joke to her guide. He gave her a glance and a smile before moving ahead and following at Dawali’s side. He was interested to hear more from the male, but he knew that only Sanuye could hear him.

table by james.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread