Distant
[html]
500+
FFF I love drama that is not mine or in my life xD

It was... weird, having someone around all the time. Normally, Strel would go about his business, see Alaine in and out as she went about her own business as well. It was mostly empty at the Hotel, for whatever reason. He still went about his daily business - how could he not? - but he always seemed to have Noss in tow. At first, it was so strange having someone around to talk to all the time, to argue with, to laugh with. It was.. just strange. Then they both fell into routine and Strel realized he liked this kind of routine, where there was someone he knew would be around he could turn to. He hadn't felt that since he had left Michigan and he had left behind his siblings. He had friends here, oh yes, close friends, but they all seemed so far away from him, so difficult to reach. And sometimes, sometimes he felt like what he had to say was not worth their time. But Noss, Noss was always here.

He had gotten attached, oh he knew he had. Strel enjoyed the company, even if they argued now and then. Who didn't? But the part Strel dreaded, was the part when he realized he had become too attached, too used to the other's presence and it came time for him to leave. That was why he had not wanted to really send him on his way to his sister in AniWaya. At first it had been his laziness and lackluster desire to travel so far. Then it just became this.. desire to keep him here. Since Noss came to visit, the redhead realized just how lonely he had been. He missed Mati - he ought to pay her a visit soon. He missed Daisuke - Strel lost track of him, sadly. He missed the friends he had made in the past year. Where had they all gone?

But what was odd was just how much Strel enjoyed the constant presence of the other wolf, even if there was nothing.. nothing really going on between them. So he told himself, over and over. The redhead's track record was awful and the more he thought about it, the more he grew disgusted with himself.

Strelein had no idea exactly what Noss did when he was not around. He had been told something along the lines of "sharpening a stick" but the redhead shrugged it off as some weird metaphor and did not press the matter. But something must have happened, for suddenly, the beat was off, like someone had not properly tuned the instrument they had gotten into the rhythm of playing. Noss had been oddly quiet, less responsive, and more preoccupied with his damned stick. Strel clenched his teeth as he sewed a pair of gloves, maybe a gift for Niro? Or for Amaranth, so she could handle her mate's birds? Finally, after getting one wordless answer after another, Strel snapped. Slamming his fists onto the table, rattling the metal and plastic on it, he stared at the wood grain, body rather rigid. "Okay, what the fuck happened?" he swore, shooting his angry, and hurt, eyes at Noss. "What did I do to only get garbage answers from you?" Even to his own ears he sounded whiny, but he was hurt goddamn it. He had no idea what he had done. "Why the hell am I suddenly getting a cold shoulder?"

<style type="text/css">
.bastard b {font-weight:normal; color:#46789d; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px; }
.bastardooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#3e828d;text-align:center;}
.bastard p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.bastard{margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#00356b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... dtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 190px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#21637c; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread