A ghost in a graveyard
[html]
Ok. Smile

Voron shivered slightly, feeling a cold breeze ruffle her fur. She thought she heard faint whispers of her brother's accusing voice. Murderer. With a shrudder, the black female tuned back into what the other was saying. I would like to visit you again, if that's ok? Axelle was waiting for a reply, before heading off to say goodbye to her friend. What friend? Voron wondered, wanting to ask but not wanting to intrude.

"I would like that," Voron said in answer to the question. "Sometimes the dead are not enough company." The black wolf gave a small smile, gesturing to the graveyard, but her words had a deeper meaning. She thought she felt another wolf brush past her flank, thought she caught a familiar scent on the wind... "I-I had best be going. Take care. And good luck with... that. " Voron nodded towards the other female's pregnant belly, her gaze softening as she was pulled out if her own torment for a second. "I hope that whatever decision you make, it's something you can live with. "

The black female turned and padded slowly away, her stride heavy and weary. She was afraid, yes. Afraid of her brother, and afraid of going mad. But also she felt the old sorrow welling up inside her. Her mother's voice echoed in her head, blaming her. If only she had been braver, if only she had been faster. But she had failed her brother, and in the end she had let him slip away because of her own weakness. As she left the bi-coloured female in the cold graveyard, she felt that she was not leaving a haunted place behind; rather, each footstep took her farther into the darkest corners of her own mind.

[/html] 

Messages In This Thread