Manly sewing
[html]
LMAO is he a dirty whore like Strel? xD

Strel nodded as he listened to the list that the Majordomo gave him, already forming his own modified version of the list given. He rattled them off after Niro finished tell him all he needed. "Sounds manageable," he said simply, stilling his head. The redhead would go to Halifax and look for those thicker needles, since they would, no doubt, be sharp if they were metal and new. That was a terribly easy thing to find in any of the hobby stores he had seen decaying in the city. But holes already cut into the leather? He would probably need a way to cut into the leather without ripping it, maybe with a sharp ended.. something and a small hammer to push it through. Maybe he could find some kind of tools to do it, perhaps those things humans had used to build things with? he could even use them as patterns or as a way to make holes for the packets of fake gemstones he had found in a bunch of places. Gosh those humans were ingenious. And then there was the issue of the thread. He would need to either find thick, but still soft, twine. Wasting leather to make straps did not really sound appealing to the redhead, but it might make the pieces look more attractive and natural. Ugh, this was a tricky dilemma. Strel would never be a leather worker, but he could sure as hell use it to gussy up his cloth.

Raising an eyebrow, the redhead snickered audibly. "You trespassed on some loner's.. lawn?" he asked, wondering what the deal with that was. "What, did he look at you funny and threaten to throw bricks at you?" he added, joking, knowing fully well that what he was saying could be taken as insulting. Strel was not calling Niro a coward, but he was finding it so amusing that the man did not want him to look for things for him in Halifax just because of that. Please, the best folk Strel had met had been loners. Like the Russo family, or Daisuke. They were nice people and loners, though only the Russo had lived in Halifax (okay, it was only Anatoliy in Cours now, but that was beside the point). "I'll just tread in the streets then and avoid the buildings. Where was this dirty loner?" His entire tone was amused, because to him, it really was.

The knife was handed to him and he took it in his hand, carefully minding the bladed end. It was dull, he could see that. Flicking his thumb against the "sharp" edge, he furrowed his brows at it, feeling it dig into his flesh but not give a true cut, just a scratch. It seemed a waste to just get a whole new knife in a world full of utility. "I'll see what I can do. I'll try to find some books on knives if I can, to help out if I can't fine the knives or sharpening thing."

Just as he was about to offer the knife back Niro, the bird that he had been watching started screeching, demanding attention, and getting it fully from them both. Strel took a step back and put up his arm just in case. That seemed highly uncalled for. He had done nothing. Niro got a leather hood on the bird and it stilled soon after, though it was clearly listening, very well. "Oh god..," he muttered, relaxing and putting the dulled knife on the table before Niro. "Nah, it's alright. I'm very much the same. Though, I am by no means that loud and obnoxious about my attention getting," he said smugly, giving a fake sniff. "But this attention whore aside, have any other birds?"

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread