the green remains
[html]
hahah is cool Big Grin I kind of had explosive word diarrhea

Well that was certainly cute; she was so careful about it, not wanting to break the bottle, or something else silly like that. But the drink was not poisonous, nor would it explode in her hands unless it were lit on fire, and Strel was definitely not the one to put a lighter to it. He did not even have a lighter to use on it anyway. It seemed like she was almost afraid of the human glass bottle and the liquid inside, but his first reaction had not been exactly something that would ease fear in a young girl's heart.

He watched her, bemused, as she drank down the alcohol and gave a look of pain. Well, that he expected. No one drank the stuff with practiced ease the first few times, especially one so young and so unaccustomed to the very strong taste of the stuff. Strel even gave a soft laugh and a quick grin as she shook her head, as though it would stop the taste on her tongue and the burning of the liquid's path down her throat. He laughed again when she denounced the drink. The redhead himself had not done that when he had first tried the stuff with Rurik months and months ago. In his head, he had remembered being wowed by it and then tasting more. But who knew if he was actually just glorifying his memories to have seemed a natural drinker.

But then, all of a sudden, her look changed to one of searching, of confusion. He furrowed his brows at her, wondering what she was trying to say, mouth all agape. He put his palms hands up, trying to guide her words with the weak hand gesture. But she voiced no words, gave nothing to explain her look of bewilderment. What she did, though, was drink from the bottle again, with much more vigor. Strel cocked his head a tad, feeling his own face twist into mild surprise. That had definitely not been the direction he had thought she would go, especially after calling the drink "terrible" and looking as though it had caused her some kind of pain. Granted, Sage still made a hard look when she downed that gulp, but that was also expected. She could not get used to it so fast! That would be just uncanny!

She thanked him, and the redhead put up his hand and shook his head. "Nah, don't thank me at all. You found it. I just happened to creep by." It was true. What had he done other than walk by and hear noise in a long abandoned building? Strel also disregarded her fingers stroking his arm; such light touches were not something he took much into account, especially by a woman, let alone a woman he had never met before. Sage reminded him of Rikka, a bit. She seemed to not mind the fact he did not have coyote blood in him, even though her clan was one to dislike the purebred wolves that roved the lands of Nova Scotia. Were they not the clan that wanted the wolves gone and the coyotes running the show, as it were? Oh well. Maybe that's why Sage was a bit like Rikka; she did not seem to care, even though it was obvious there was no coyote in him, not even a drop from a distant ancestor.

Sage confirmed his thoughts, that this was the more peaceful Lykois. "Inferni, eh? Would your approve of your drinking with a purebred?" he asked, jokingly with a very light tone. He was still a tad bitter that a coyote from Inferni borders had almost attacked him. Granted, it was during a war with another wolf pack, so it was probably they had their orders to attack anything that did not smell of Inferni or that looked to be of Dahlia de Mai, or of full wolfish blood. "But no, I agree, I don't think people should be mean. They just are because they did't get enough love or something." In truth, he had no idea whether or not people were mean because of their parents and upbringing, or if they were born like little devils in the cradle. He, in all honesty, did not care. People were who they were and chances were they would not change, but could be punished into keeping it out of the light. Not that he was going to be the one punishing anyone.

"And I didn't tell you where I was from. Though I figure I smell more than strongly enough of Cours," he answered, dismissively. He had been there for a year and a half and seemed to just bob in and out of the loop of the pack. He ought to know more, being the horrible gossip that he was. Sometimes, the redhead wished he had more responsibilities for the pack than he had now, which was just to do what he did; tailoring. Lately, he had been rather missing from sight and he had lost some standing in the kingdom, which broke his heart a bit. He had been there so, so long and yet he remained on the slippery ladder. "But yeah, I'm from Cours des Miracles. I'm the tailor there, since no one else seemed remotely competent enough to handle a needle. Of course, I am so I took the post." He made it sound like he had won the position, rather than just told Jacquez he wanted it for himself. So far he was the only one and it seemed he would happily remain the only one.

Sage offered him the bottle again and his purple eyes looked at it for a moment before taking it from her grasp. He carelessly grazed her fingers as he did so, putting the bottle to his lips and taking a long drink from it. When he put it down, he smacked his lips happily, sitting it down on the ground (after clearing some debris away from the area) between the two of them. It was within easy reach of Sage and of himself, should either one want another swig of the stuff. "So, tell me more. About your sisters? You said you were with them in Inferni? What's it like in the clan?"

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread