the green remains
[html]

Hooray! And because I'm having so much fun with this thread, I am responding already! Lol. Sorry! <3 Oooh gurl, Sage is gunna get the spins. SSWM: 1455...Wheeeeeeee!

"In that case, I'm a really really bad hunter," Strel responded with a bit of a laugh.

Sage was glad that he was able to make fun of himself, and she giggled a response, leaning forward to rest two gentle palms around his arm, grinning as she spoke, "No, love, I just have really, really, big ears," she said softly, lifting a hand to point to her large, chocolate-colored ears with eyebrows raised jokingly. She couldn't help but laugh again, drunkenly allowing her body to collapse, resting her light form against his. An arm slid down to grab the bottle again, sipping from it once again. Man, she was thirsty now. She licked her lips idly at the thought, tongue dry and unwilling to moisten. The girl sighed and leaned back once again, finding Strelein to be a great source of warmth for her cold body. Sage glanced up at him as he spoke again, her yellow eyes slightly dull, but undeniably interested.

"Please, I figure you'd try it yourself, just at home, instead of here, in case it was poison or something." Strel insisted, assuming what was probably true.

Again, she giggled. "I wouldn't drink it before I was sure it wasn't poison...Now, unless you've built up a tolerance to this poison and are in fact drugging me, then I made a good choice in having you try it first, yes?" she said, her circular logic dizzy and foggy in her drunkenness. "Not that I'd want you to die, of course..." she added quietly, sweetly.

She was no longer thinking of this situation as two strangers sharing a drink; she considered him her friend already, even if he did not feel the same.

"Yeah I bet. I'd say my family is in the same league, though they never started wars," Strelein mentioned, though he obviously did not intend to offend with his words.

The sandy girl nodded quietly, lost in thought momentarily as they spoke of the war. She hoped it would never happen again, as it seemed that a war might be the only thing that would drive her away. As of now, she hoped to stay here for a while, so long as she could travel between and betwixt the lands freely, as she had done.

"I don't like war." she said simply, and left it at that, taking another small sip from the bottle.

"It is," Strelein said, commenting on the beauty of his pack's land. "But plenty of places here are pretty too, don't get me wrong. I just have a preference for home," he admitted humbly.

"Oh, of course..." she said with a smile, thoughts drifting to Juniper Peace and it's ever-changing meaning of "home". "Me, too." she said, with another brief pause. "I love traveling..." she said, her voice serenely drifting off, dissipating in the space around them.

Now, they spoke about crafting. The girl's ears perked up again excitedly; she was eager to hear what he knew, eager to learn. Maybe they could even exchange goods; even if her tailoring skills were not up to snuff, she had other skills. She did, of course, have plenty of herbs on hand to be traded, as well as seeds and of course, her art. Though she didn't really consider her art to be worthy of a trade, perhaps someone else might.

"I'm not that good with leather, but I can make anything you like with cloth, needle, and thread," he spoke, voice emphasizing his confidence at the trade. "And I bet you'll get better the more you practice. You don't the notes perfect every time you pluck a guitar, so it's all about practice." Strelein said, his voice friendly and encouraging.

"Oh, I'm sure I'll get better..." she said, and then smiled. "After all, now I have so many more people to create for." her voice was excited, now; she would be happy to make clothing and all sorts of things for her clan mates, and for her friends. She piped up again at the mention of cloth and thread, saying, "I don't know how to sew...But I'd love to learn how to!" her yellow eyes surveyed his clothing, leaning in, a bit wobbly, to inspect his craftsmanship. "You made these, too, then?" she asked with a smile, glancing up at him again.

As Strelein once again addressed the war, Sage's eyes grew dark, and she stared ahead quietly listening.

"The war, huh?" he said coldly. "Yeah, I was here before it started. And I was here when it ended, too." Strelein added, bringing the glass bottle to his lips and sipping from it again. "I didn't fight, I didn't do much, but I did almost get attacked by a coyote on your clan's borders, when I got lost. Guy didn't even offer to help, but he seemed really cracked in the head. Got all turned around at the end, all confused, so I skipped home without much damage.. but it was so odd, and rude.. All I really wanted was direction home..."

Sage's ears drooped sadly as he recalled the tale of his ruthless attack. She'd known her clansmen to do some of this, but had thought it was mostly gone by now. Maybe she was wrong. Her eyes were unmistakably concerned, nodding gently as he ended his sad story.

"I'm sorry about that, love..." she said, her voice a despondent coo, placing her head and hand on his arm once again in a strange sort of hug. "There's nothing I can say to defend that. It's wrong. I wonder if that coyote is still in Inferni... Do you think?" she asked, again allowing her yellow eyes to contact his lilac ones.

Sage was prepared for a story, now, as she listened to Strelein recount his life before the pack. It seemed everyone had a pretty good tale to tell. Sage thought her own to be quite alright, but not particularly exciting. It was just the simple ebb and flow of life's many events.

"Me? Cours... Cours is my home and it's my family, even if none of them are my blood brothers and sisters. My own family didn't follow me up here, so I sort of had to find myself a family of sorts. I came from a pack further southwest, near a huge lake. I think it was Lake Heron? Huron? But yeah, I came up here a year and a half ago." he stated, pausing momentarily to glance at Sage. She watched, her eyes curious as he detailed his story.

"I ran away from home, you see..." he began, "See, they didn't like the human things. Like, they hated that more and more of the children could shift and walk around like two leggers. They didn't like it at all." Strelein continued explaining, and Sage's eyes widened with interest as he spoke. "Even the human stuff left behind they didn't like at all. Once, I found a jewelry box and brought it home to the pack. In a few hours the alpha showed up and took it from me. Said he was going to remove the human disease from my family. I managed to save this though, by stealing it back from him later," he said, holding his wrist up to show the plastic bracelet with a pretty rainbow design.

Warm yellow eyes found the bracelet and she took his wrist between her fingers to inspect it, as she liked to do. She nodded gently as she spun it around his wrist to get a better look. "I like it." she smiled honestly. "Every color of the rainbow..." she said, bringing her weight back to the back of the couch; immediately, though, she slunk limply against his body.

"Imagine that. After that, I kind of bailed and then had a wild rumpus all the way here." he finished the story without flair or over-exaggeration. Sage liked that.

"Wow...I don't know how they could dispute the use of human items...They've made life a lot better, haven't they...?" she asked as if she didn't know, but really, her memory was just foggy, her brain quite clouded from the alcohol. In a moment of realization of her drunkenness, Sage fell into a fit of giggles, finishing with a deep breath, a small palm fanning her own face lightly. "Heee." she laughed, grinning widely. "My story is a bit more boring, I'm afraid..." she said, turning her head up towards his, wondering if it was even worth talking about now, if she would even make sense, if she could even remember history right now.

But she launched into an abridged version anyways. "I'd lived in Juniper Peace my whole life..." she began, words sluggishly flowing out of her mouth. "We traveled a lot...my close family and friends, always together." Sage thought about Father again, and furrowed her brow briefly. "Anyways, I thought it'd be nice to see the rest of the world, you know, and maybe with some new people? So, I came here...knowing that I had family here. My grandmother, Kaena, is here." she said, yawning slightly, but then immediately picking herself back up, attempting to sit straight once again. "So is Father, apparently, but I haven't seen him," she said, sadly, idly playing with her own hands. "The first time I tried to come here was during the war, though... Needless to say I didn't like that, so I left. But as you can see I'm back." she said, grinning again, her eyes as bright as they could be at the moment. "Back again." she closed her eyes, thinking of Clover, of China. "Home."

The girl blinked a few times slowly, realizing how much she was slumping again. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, looking exasperatedly towards Strelein. "I guess I'm kinda drunk." she stated with a laugh, fully engulfed by that warm, fuzzy, blurry bubble. The girl looked around, finding her leather bag and reaching for it across the couch, her lithe form stretching easily to reach it. After rummaging for a moment she withdrew a joint from a pouch in her pack, as well as a pack of matches. Her head down, she looked up at Strelein, holding the joint between two petite fingers. "Care to smoke?" she asked, her head tilting to the side slightly before striking a single match and holding it to the tip, taking quick, deep puffs to light the thing. Shaking her hand gently to put out the flame of the match, she tossed it's burnt stick into her satchel along with the remains of the matchbook. The girl took long, slow hit from the joint, savoring the taste before she offered it to the man. Does he smoke? she wondered to herself. Even if he didn't, it was only fair of her to offer, wasn't it?

<style>
.sage-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sage-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sage-z29 b {color:#120A02; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sage-z29 {background-color:#A86D31; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/sageriver.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4D2F10; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:245px 0px 10px 0px; }
.sage-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread