A simple 'Key'
[html]
Out of Character

Table from(sleepyglow.net) | Word count: (676)

In Character

The concern shown by the female was startling. Key could not figure out why she would show such kindness, especially to one which she had just accused of trespassing. Did she want something from him? Was it a trick and she was to lead him into a trap? Had he already been deemed useless? Or was she pitting him and laughing at him behind her kind exterior? As a reflex reaction to his suspicions, Key tensed his muscles and double checked all the escape routes. Considering that he may just be being paranoid he tried to calm himself, trying not to flinch as the female reached out a hand towards him.

Thankfully he was not the subject of her attention for long, curious to see what had caught her attention he looked towards where she was and saw the small one dragging the bunny behind him with great determination, so much determination that Key could only sit and admire the effort the small one was putting forward.

Sadly, he only managed to avoid the ‘spot light’ for a small amount of time before the female spoke to him again. What the female then spoke of only added to his confusion: this ‘border’ thing is something that surrounds their home, so is their home the entire area within the ‘border’? How many of them are there to need so much space?! A home is a place where one sleeps, that’s what Jay said. They all must like their leg room or something. And a scent as a warning? How unusual. The thought of such things brought a shy, sheepish grin to Key’s face. Such a strange pack!

Then Key recalled the last part of what the female had said. ‘To risk your life’ . . . If only death were so simple he pondered. Alaki’s ‘advanced’ survival skills which Jay had drilled into him hindered all of his past suicide attempts; after Jay’s death he had been determined to follow after him, to die with him: he did not want to be alone. Yet, thinking about it now, it was because of these ‘skills’ that he was still alive and healing from his loss, if somewhat slowly, which was a good thing. . . possibly. But still, he was reluctant to acknowledge his ability to defend himself or escape if out numbered, as well as his ability to ruthlessly and cleanly dispose of those who mean him harm. But nevertheless, it was all he knew, all he was taught and all he could do, so he had to accept it as who he was.

Following her explanation of ‘borders’ the female introduced herself. She claimed to be called Selene, whilst the small one was her son Juju. One of the few manners Key was aware of, is that if someone introduces themselves it is polite to do so back. Shifting so that he had eye contact with Sele he respond with a simple “I’m Alaki” pausing after for the female, Sele, to continue.

Yet, the questions she asked next were not what he expected. Then again, he had no idea what to really expect, but the questions Sele asked seemed reasonable so again he choose to answer as honestly as he could. “A reason? I have no specific one, but if it were to be anything it would be that I like the area. I merely happened across the scent when I was looking for a pack to join and followed it” he said. But re-thinking it over, maybe he was being abit blunt and potentially rude? But too little to late, he had said the words and so he choose to address the second part of her question. “As for skills, my skills are my thoughts. I suppose you could say I’m good with puzzles and strategies”. Key decided it best to leave out his fighting skills for he did not want to come across as a threat. But feeling nervous avoiding the whole truth he fidgets a little and shifts his gaze to the distance.

<style>
.freetable-e05 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-e05 b {color:#C6DAED;}
.freetable-e05-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-e05-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#D3E2F1; text-shadow:#09121A 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.freetable-e05-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-e05 {background-color:#465B6E; border:1px solid #C6DAED; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#141B21; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread