The Sky's Lullaby
[html]

With a gentle movement, leaning forward once more, Ralla cleared the ashes and scattered more, making room to draw the dragon only this time. "Dragons come in all sorts of forms, and live for many different purposes. The one in this story was big and powerful, with red scales. His purpose was to protect the red flowers. But dragons are also called drakes, serpents, or dragoons. There are other words for them, but they are in languages I don't know. There are stories saying they are born from fire. Others from the constellation Draco in the sky." There were so many stories that finding the grain of truth in them was difficult. If one common point could be said, it was that most of them could fly and breathe fire. "They are long since gone, though. Just like the Long Gones....er...humans?" Even though she had been brought up calling 'humans' Long Gones, she had to respect that the wolves here would not understand a term that they had never heard--much like she did some of the same, when she had first arrived.

She could see Range's fascination with the fire grow; the orange and gold tongues licking the air, as if from a hungry mouth, reflected in the pup's dual colored eyes. When he then asked her what his name meant, her expression turned blank a moment before laughing a bit. "Range? Well, that has a few meanings as well. If I were to tell your future, little one, it would be that it has a wide choice of paths. Your name could mean ranks; perhaps you were meant to be a soldier. But because you have told me otherwise, I assume we could discard that one..." Very quickly Ralla became immersed in the meaning behind the young one's name, sorting through every definition and symbol she could as she tilted her head in contemplating silence. "If I had to define it directly...I would call it something as 'a variety of'. I think it's both your eyes and personality. You may grow up to be a fine wolf, but one who could master anything he wishes." Yes, that sounds about right. It suits my impression of him, and doesn't seem far from what he's told me about his wishes. Ralla may not have known much beyond what Range had told her that night, but she had a very strong inkling to the pup's constellation just from his actions and words. Maybe a Virgo? He displays observant and straightforward tendancies, as well as the characteristics of one who switches subjects frequently. Then again, maybe that's just because he's a pup, she thought, sharing a private laugh with herself, much as Range had done a few moments ago.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]

Messages In This Thread