heaven sends and heaven takes
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: lol that's ok, I figured it might be XD aaand mine is kinda long-ish too

Xeris sat and listened patiently as Ty began his story. He spoke first of coyotes, and Xeris' mind flew to Inferni. As far as she knew, there were no "reasonable" coyotes anyway. His story continued and he told of meeting an old friend. Xeris hadn't known much about Ty's life other than when he was in Phoenix Valley, but supposed this probably wasn't the time to ask. Her expression turned sad at the talk of marauders, and she thought of the ones who had slaughtered her own birth pack for similar reasons--to take the territory in peaceful Heritage Retreat. Maybe Ty really had gone through something a lot like what she had experienced.

His story began to darken, however, and Xeris' mouth fell open slightly at the idea of bottles spewing fire, and images of burning houses came to her mind, though they were probably inaccurate. As she listened, her friend told of how it turned out that he had killed innocents, and he began to cry. Xeris moved closer to Ty and brushed her head against him in a friendly and comforting movement, but said nothing, listening on. The image of the pup that was so seared into Ty's mind rattled the white wolfess as she thought of her own missing daughter.

Xeris had remained close to her friend but as his demeanor suddenly changed, she couldn't help but back away slightly. She had never seen him like this, laughing and seemingly reveling in the idea of killing Hoyt's pack. And then just like that, the orange male leaped at a nearby tree, and Xeris bit her lip as she watched him take out his fury on its bark. And then he spoke of being a monster. Something in Xeris' mind said that she'd had this conversation with someone before, and then she remembered her son. The scarred white female moved to Ty's side once again and spoke quietly and solemnly. "I'm sorry that happened to you, Ty." She paused. "But everyone makes mistakes sometimes. It's not always easy to keep in control of your emotions." She turned her golden eyes away, staring off into the distance at nothing in particular. "The leader of the pack that killed my family...I attacked him in a fury. I was so scared and my first priority was to get out, but then I saw what he had done. I tore his back leg off. Or, mostly off. Enough that he will be disabled for life at the least." Once again the white wolfess was silent, before remembering what she had originally thought of. "And my son, Delwyn...the first thing he told me when he returned to Phoenix Valley after his absence was that he'd killed someone in cold blood." She looked back at her friend now. "I don't know why the world we live in is like this," she said, her voice now just above a whisper. "I wish we could all just go back and fix everything."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread