memory is built around things unnoticed in time
[html]
Jefferson. Ranch.

”What do you mean ‘what am I wearing’?” Geneva said, furrowing her brow as she looked down to consider herself. It was true that she had only recently taken to dressing in human castoffs a few months ago, but she thought that she looked decent enough. She found human leggings to be too restrictive and unnatural to her. She much preferred the bell-shaped dresses with short or strappy sleeves, because she felt more capable of free movement while wearing such things. ”I think I look nice,” Geneva said defensively, more than a little self conscious about her appearance. This was still something that she was getting used to. She ran her fingers through her hair in irritation, trying in vain to tuck some of the shorter strands behind her ears and failing once more.

Geneva cross her arms over her chest and heaved a sigh. Whatever was she going to do with her mate? He seemed somewhat preoccupied or distracted by something. He probably would not want to talk about whatever was on his mind, but that had never really stopped the gray scale lady before. However, instead of delving into his issues, as was her usual approach, she decided to shift her plan of action. He could be distracted.

She rose from her perch, uncrossing her arms. Before she approached him, the green eyed lady readjusted the strap of the creaking, creased leather satchel slung over her shoulder. When she was satisfied that it would not swing about and distract her, she caught hold of Jefferson’s scarred hand, bringing it to her lips and kissing his fingertips, before tugging him forward. ”Sit down,” she suggested, although she pushed some of her slight weight into him, urging him to settle into his rocking chair.

”I made something for you,” she said with a suddenly shy smile. Before she could let her self consciousness get the best of her, she reached into the satchel. Her fingers grasped the bumpy texture of the knitted thing before she pulled it out to reveal it in a whirl of color. She held it in front of her, extending her arms to let him examine what she had been working on in secret for the last week or so. ”You put it on your head,” she offered helpfully. The hat itself was a bright, striped pattern in various loud hues of orange, school bus yellow, red, and lime green. She had also knitted a puff that sat somewhat lopsidedly atop the colorful thing; it was a bright robin’s egg blue. ”Try it on!” she urged him.

[/html]

WC 432

Messages In This Thread