House and home
[html]

out of character text

"Well, um... Not usually. I just happened to be thinking about how people would sing that song back in my old pack, and , well, your singing went along well with my memories."

Although he outwardly had a quick explanation, inwardly he was kicking himself for saying something like that. Now she probably thought he was spacey, or full of idle fancy, or... something. Which was odd, because he did not normally rise and fall with the opinions of other people. However, when she complimented his plan he felt his confidence rise again and nodded enthusiastically. "A little help would be fantastic, and since I've already got the posts set up, weaving the sticks through them will go much more quickly with two sets of paws. The clay's a good idea too. It will work much better than moss and twigs at any rate, and it should seal the top where the branches are leaning against the ledge."

His own pack had used wattle-and-daub huts occasionally, especially during the winter, so the idea was not a new one to him. Had she said something about adobe bricks as well? Not far from his old home, there had been a pack of wolves who built with adobe bricks. Could they perhaps be talking about the same group? Although he was curious to hear more and find out if they had indeed traveled to the same places, he decided to keep the conversation closer to home. He had only just met her, after all. He didn't want to seem too interested, even though in reality he was dying to know. Even though he felt happy and comfortable here in the AniWaya, a connection to his childhood home was always welcome. "It sounds like you've traveled all sort of places... We're sort of the same that way," he said, then, reminding himself to keep the conversation closer to home: "So who are you denning with, if I may ask? Is your den close by?"

<style type="text/css">
.nian-b02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bd581b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nian-b02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nian-b02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nian-b02 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#dbae77; background-image:url(http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g37 ... blebg1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#772d06; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread