The Righteous Never Falter
[html]

Saluce would never address Conor without eye contact. If anything eye contact to him was a sign of respect when asked questions, it reinforced the truth behind the words that one couldn’t simply bring across by looking at the ground. Whether or not Conor understood why he chose to address him in this manner meant little to Saluce. The reverberating stare after those words were spoken did nothing to scare him but he knew he was still not pleased with him. And with good reason he guessed.

Then his voice greeted him but not in the friendly manner he had always greeted him in for so long now. Had something happened that had magnified his insurrection? Had his presence been needed for something other than hibernal, was there some attack that meant he wasn’t here to do his duty. That hurt him more than any word could, the feeling that his leader was unhappy with him. He felt a stabbing in his chest as the questions came in a nonchalant way. Saluce had thought he was prepared for such a reaction from him but when the time had come nothing could have saved him from this. If he explained why he left, it would only be a chorus of excuses. Excuses that would seek to make him feel better but the result was still all the same.

“I left to wander by myself for a few weeks. Layla and I are no longer together. With this brought scares to me that I had thought where gone. Scares of battle and of bloodlust, pent up anger that left me broken. I couldn’t stay here while I was in that frame of mind, couldn’t do something stupid that would bring more heavy problems to lay on your shoulders.” The answer was blunt, and honest, his eyes never left his leaders while he spoke but as if out of character in this great act between the two, his eyes moved downward in a submissive move. Saluce had long ago pledged his loyalty to this man, even though at that time he wondered if he had what it took to lead. So far Dahlia still sought out its identity and Conor’s leadership had still left much to desire for him, wanting Conor to take a higher stance among his pack.

“I am back, and the words of my former teacher finally found a home. I know how to control those urges, to purge myself of them. I can only offer an apology and remind you that I pledged my loyalty to you and no other Conor many months ago. And that promise I still honor” He said eyes downcast, his heart was what kept him from looking up. Knowing on some basic level that the promise to this man was a promise made and he could not rightfully say things as if he was his equal in this situation.

<style type="text/css"> .sal b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1b6ce; letter-spacing:1px; } .sal .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:375px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .sal p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #464b5e} .sal {margin:0 auto; width:434px; background-color:#848483; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... el/sal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread