The Righteous Never Falter
[html]

dun dun dah

For a moment Saluce contemplated the words he had spoken. The honesty he had spoken of was just that, he had asked the question he had replied honestly. But the silence afterwards made him uncomfortable. The unsteady thoughts, the black hole void that surrounded him and he still felt like a child being scolded. It burned at him, ate at his core and soon those thoughts started to burn on the outside, reflecting in his eyes and his body posture. Sure he had left for a couple of weeks, but he would not be micromanaged as well. He wouldn’t come to Conor’s door step like some little kid asking father for permission. His head was still down but the anger boiling within him could be plainly seen.

What was it that Saluce wanted here, what was his purpose to stand for this shit? The dark grey male had done nothing but help his alpha bring their younger charges up into adulthood, he’d protected the borders and even fought for them. Now the first mistake he made and he had to suffer this treatment. A part of him almost wanted to just leave, throw the bag in his face, shout some expletives at him and leave this cursed ground but he had promises to keep. And as he spoke his ears flicked in annoyance, it would have been a fine point to make except for the end of it, the condescending tone he carried with that simple remark. Baiting him to answer so all flaws could be revealed. More questions he didn’t want to answer, except this time the person wasn’t merely asking them to help, but to in his opinion destroy.

Words did not leave his mouth; no he’d make him wait this time. As an equal he didn’t feel like he needed to bring his personal matters to him, he was a man and perfectly capable of dealing with them. If he felt otherwise he might have sought his assistance but if he was truly that pissed off about this infraction then nothing he said would matter anyways. Now though his mind considered the question, maybe as some would say he was to soft and Saluce had felt he could have gotten away with it, or a combination of both their differing views of leadership. Trust was what he had hinged his exodus on, trust that Conor would have had in him to return. Trust in the fact that whatever was bothering Saluce was something he didn’t want to reveal to him yet. Ears flicked again as his face slowly raised up to peer at his boy king, eyes burning, setting a flame the friendship they had once shared it seemed. If he felt like he needed to prove himself then prove himself he should, and if it was his mission to make this boy king into a man then so be it. A simple motion let the sack fall from his shoulders, then the foal he had carried. Gifts that he had gotten to show how much he did care for the pack and of how much he cared for Conor but now they were just items discarded. The rift growing between them as each second passed.

A crack could be heard as the knuckles in his right fist flexed together into a fist, the fuse was lit, and even Saluce was unsure if he could control his anger enough to avoid doing something stupid. This was a test for him as much as one for Conor. He had worked to dispel these demons, this anger that flooded him and yet all too soon it was festering within him once again. Oh how he wanted Conor to know the thoughts that ran through his head, of watching his little Lilac eyes burst out of his head from the pressure he would apply to his sick little neck.

“answering your question further provides your reasons for asking it. I pose to you this question then, What do you want of me?” If the lilac male was ever going to grow some balls and lead then silly questions didn’t matter, he knew exactly why he hadn’t told him of his intentions and speaking them did nothing to resolve the matter at hand.

“I will only say one thing in answer to your question. Because I’m not sure whether or not you want your feelings hurt or want some bloody battle, I respect you as a friend but leader I don’t. You are still growing and if this is the cross I have to bear for you to understand what it takes then so be it.” The last few words were spoken as his voice calmed a bit. They had always shared a frank and blunt relationship, and nothing until now had tested the uneasy balance between the two but if it took Conor having to stand up to the most independent and assertive of his pack then that’s what it took.

Eyes gazed across at his young leader, wondering just what his answer would be. Knowing that none of this could end well depending on how everything went, but one thing was for sure, if it came to blows he’d make sure Conor knew the price of leadership before the day was done.

<style>
.eclipse-text {padding:0px 15px;}
.eclipse {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.eclipse b {color:#4b4066; font-weight:bold;}
.eclipse {width:380px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#040404; background-image:url(http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/677/souls50.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 6px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#336563; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread