Beneath the Rocks
[html]

Word Count → 517 :: Ugh, sorry for the delay on this. :\ If you'd like we can wrap it up OOCly, and later, when Eris actually has a skill (gah, she sucks~) maybe she can teach Nyx something? :3 I'm aiming to have her get better at reading/writing for her rank advancement eventually. Also, the necklace would probably be obsidian? :O I'd legitimately never thought about this before, and Obsidian is common where Eris spent a lot of time, and probably accessible to Luperci. If you have a better idea, though, feel free to suggest ICly or otherwise. ^^

“Thank you,” the Tuyul responded, smiling warmly at the thought of her own children. “It's good to think the pack has young blood already,” she stated, thinking this was a sign of strength. Their immense cave system was the likely the culprit for this, as its size and protection during the winter months was certainly advantageous. The coyote was eager, however, to listen to her packmate's explanation of the stones -- it was an interesting subject, to say the least, and she perked her ears forward in earnest, chartreuse eyes fixing on the other canine.

The hybrid woman smiled eagerly and leaned to pick a few pieces of the amethyst off of the ground for herself. She was careful not to be too greedy with this -- after all, Nyx had done the work and injured herself in the process of getting the rocks. The hybrid woman leaned back upwards and studied her new possessions, rolling them over in her fingers. Bits of the gray rock clung to their ends, offsetting the purple quite nicely. “Thank you again for thinking of them. I'm not sure what I have to offer you in turn for trade, but I'll think of something,” the coyote said, earnestly wishing she had some way of repaying the other woman. Her lack of skill was, at long last, directly coming around to hurt her -- she did not have a single workable skill to offer this woman in turn for her good deed. Whatever she had learned in Eterne was old, rusted knowledge by now.

As the other canine elaborated on the types of jewels and stones, the coyote listened in earnest. She had not known any of this, and she was liable to believe it, after all -- it made sense, in a way. Eris believed the blood and bones and organs of different animals had different properties and strengths, and the earth was, in some ways, alive. It would only make sense to the sable-shaded woman that different parts of the earth would do different things as well. “Fascinating. I didn't know any of this -- but it does make sense. These things come from the earth, and surely, the earth has the most powerful magic,” the coyote said, shaking her head in slight amazement, a smile on her face. Her homeland had been blind not to see these things -- to be so haughty as to think only breathing flesh held power.

This she did not share with the other canine, however -- she thought it rude to interrupt the woman with her own fanciful tales. Instead, her yellow-green eyes focused on the woman's necklace, an approving nod and smile drawn from her lips. “It's very pretty,” the woman commented, lifting her own jewelry from her neck. “This is the only jewelry I wear, besides the ears, and I don't even know what it is,” the hybrid said softly. “Maybe you could identify it?” the Tuyul asked. She did not wish to press, but she genuinely wanted to learn more about the other wolf's belief systems and what they meant.

<style>
#eris-spiralhell {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;
background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... spiral.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; padding:0px 0px 181px 0px; }
#eris-spiralhell .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
#eris-spiralhell .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
#eris-spiralhell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
#eris-spiralhell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
#eris-spiralhell b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread