Books gathering dust
[html]

wc 349

Rendall's fur had caught his eye, and so he stood staring like a crow thinking SHINY!!! Then he shook his head, slightly ashamed that he had let himself stare like that. Her fur was sooo fascinating though; it reminded him of an abalone shell he had seen once, all sorts of different shades and swirling reflections.

Davyn wagged his tail, happy to have found someone who shared his interest in history. A thought crossed his mind; why exactly had she come out here on such a cold day? Certainly her home was much warmer, and the breeze was biting, vicious, trying to find every space between furs and dig its cold fingers in. "I beg pardon, but might I ask why you are outdoors on such a cold day? Certainly your home must be warmer, and sheltered from these biting winds." He paused, not wanting to turn down the opportunity to learn more about his new home, but wanting to ensure that her state of mind was alright. Her eyes looked haunted.

Davyn glanced around, looking for any kindling he might be able to find, aiming to start a small fire to keep the two of them warm while they talked. He found some lying nearby, and he set to making a fire, glad he kept some flint on his person at all times. It would not do to have a young lady such as Rendall freeze when there was a ready source for heat so close at hand.

Once the fire was made and sparking quietly in the circle of rocks he had made, Davyn turned his attention to Rendall, ready to learn about this beautiful place he now called home, with so many other wolves. It seemed like this was the place for misfits, the wolves that didn’t even really fit in with the misfit pack…so perhaps this land was better named the land of dreamers. Everyone seemed to keep to themselves, but Davyn did not mind that. After the close knit environment of his previous pack, the atmosphere of Phoenix Valley was particularly soothing.

<style type="text/css">
.davynsnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.davynsnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.davynsnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.davynsnow {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#EAEEF9; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/i5bp0h.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 238px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread