Like Father, Like Son
[html]
annnnd exit.

The concern that Jefferson showed suddenly made Pripyat regret his words. In a strange way he almost preferred the stoic stare of the man than the animated creature he was now. So often he or Geneva could say one thing or another, and though Pripyat knew it all registered with Jefferson the man made as few comments as possible. Perhaps he only spoke as much as was necessary, he had never known his father for idle talk. And almost Pripyat had expected Jefferson to shrug off his confession, shoo away his worry and tell the boy to give it more time. He would shift in time, surely. And yet now his father had risen to his feet and Pripyat's inconsistent heart beat was faster than ever.

"Ah, nothing happened." Was there something that could happen to make it impossible for him to shift? If Geneva and Jefferson could, shouldn't he be able to? At this age? "I, ah..." "I tried and I couldn't" was simple enough to say. To tell Jefferson that as often as the boy tried, and he tried often enough, he had yet to shift. And yet it was easier still to say "I gotta go Dad. S-see ya." And rush from the room before Jefferson had any time to protest or ask any other questions.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread